Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this one up for a dollar and change a while back but was looking it up and while I know it is a buzz off, my question is, did I hit the jackpot with this one? The closest thing I see listed is the money ball car.

Texasdc does t seem to have it perfectly listed. The closest one is listed as having BW then the other one with this base lists at $900

You should all know me well enough by now to know tht I'm not asking the evil question, just trying to figure out if this is a valuable car or just the middle tier one I suspect it is. I want to know where I should categorize it with my other cars. The really goodies or the really cool ones but open to trade etc.

Thanks or your help.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my guess is flying color but the closest one listed with RL is listed as $900 but the closest with BW is $55. Not sure which it is or if it isn't listed thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
This is what I found Eric.... Damn, talk about killing a casting ..... I think Mattel could of made 2 years worth instead of killing the casting mold.

I think yours would be the $55.00 at a Loose Mint price.... I would say yours is worth $5-10 range in the condition it sits....

Buzz Off 1973 Hot Wheels Dark Blue w/RL's $175.00 ( Loose Mint ) $450.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1973 Hot Wheels Fluorescent Lime Green w/RL's $180.00 ( Loose Mint ) $460.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1973 Hot Wheels Fluorescent Pink w/RL's $230.00 ( Loose Mint ) $510.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1973 Hot Wheels Lemon Yellow w/RL's $250.00 ( Loose Mint ) $525.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1973 Hot Wheels Light Blue w/RL's $225.00 ( Loose Mint ) $510.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1974 Flying Colors Dk. Blue, w/Yellow pinstripe, Blue Tint Window, Unpainted Hong Kong Base, w/RL's $55.00 ( Loose Mint ) $100.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1974 Flying Colors Blue, w/Yellow pinstripe, Blue Tint Window, Unpainted Hong Kong Base, w/RL's $55.00 ( Loose Mint ) $100.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1976 Flying Colors Dk. Blue, w/Yellow Pinstripe tampo, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/BW's $75.00 ( Loose Mint ) $100.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1977 Hot Wheels Dk. Blue, w/Yellow & Lt. Green tampos, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/RL's $900.00 ( Loose Mint ) $0.00( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1977 Flying Colors #6 Dk. Blue, w/Yellow Pinstripe tampo, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/BW's $80.00 ( Loose Mint ) $110.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1977 Flying Colors #6 Gold Chrome, w/Red, Dk. Red, & Black tampos w/'The Gold One' on hood, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/RL's $40.00 ( Loose Mint ) $60.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1977 Flying Colors #6 Gold Chrome, w/Red, Dk. Red, & Black tampos w/'The Gold One' on hood, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/BW's $25.00 ( Loose Mint ) $45.00 ( Mint Pack )

Buzz Off 1978 Hot Wheels Classy Customs Gold Chrome, w/Red, Dk. Red, & Black tampos w/'The Gold One' on hood, Blue Tint Window, Black Hong Kong Base, w/BW's $25.00 ( Loose Mint ) $35.00 ( Mint Pack )

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Chorton. Which book is that? Hemikuda told me to get a book and I'm wondering if it is the same one. I kinda just came to a realization that for someone who is in their mid thirties and is heavily involved with technology at an obscene level for work, I never order from amazon and prefer to do my shopping and buying st brick and mortar stores even if it means paying a little more. This fact damned on me the other day while reading an article about google and amazon ducking it out in the online shopping and ad space. Even when I can have it in the mail the next day from amazon hub in de. Maybe I'll break the ice with that book

Ok another question.
This mutt mobile was an extra bonus to a twin mill. Got both for $6 and figured the mutt would either get a new top and interior for since they just drop in or use it for the wheels. They are worth the cost alone. My question is, would it be worth it to buy the top and interior to fix the mutt mobile, in that if some day years down the road I needed to sell it or traded it, would I get my money back out of it. Not how munch is it worth, but if I put $20 into it would I expect to get that value out of it down the road? My thought is no or I'm cutting it close.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I am not 100% sure what book it because it no longer has its bindin, front or back cover. It all started coming loose years ago and I have had it in a 3 ring binder for years. Yes I went and put the three holes in every page, LOL.

The back page says it is written by Mike Strauss. The newest of the stuff in it is from 1998. I belieave it is a Tomart's Price Guide to Hot Wheels.

A quick look on Amazon, brought up a few and while I believe my cover was a bit different.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Eric, Drop in a Barns & Nobles Book Store and look in the collectable area for the Price Guides for diecast.... You will see many different ones for HWs and MB .... Their is even a Magazine that comes out monthly by Lees Toy Review to stay on top of what's new n hot.... Magazine will be in the Magazine area - not in the Collectable area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts