Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old metal teacher's/office desk About 5 1/2 feet wide by about 3 feet deep.

I don't know where to put anything so it's functional for me. I guess I lack the organizing gene.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
wasn't there a thread a while back where folks were posting pics of their work areas ?
if ya can dig it up there's probably some good ideas .
hb

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why is your bird-of-prey yellow?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks everyone! Some nifty looking benches!

Say, one quick question; should I have my dremel drill-press on my bench or you think it should go elsewhere?

here's my cleaned-up bench. I had to reclaim it from being a catch-all.

got the Star Wars and BSG bling-bling on it. :D

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

all nice and clean. Next step, drawers.

For those of you who remember and were paying attention, I had a iPod nano on my desk a few months ago. Sold it to get my cat's paw checked out.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can't. The metal arms or bracing for the shelf is in the way. Need a smaller light fixture.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
As time goes on, the desk and it's functions will define themselves. So in a few months it'll be good, in a year, it will be vastly improved and just get better from there.

I've got my dremelpress clamped on a rolling table so I can keep it near or far depending. Consider if you've got fresh painted stuff around or there's a fresh drink in your Vader mug and you dremel something dusty ... Proximity bad.

Of course, if that's a multifunctional desk, then it has more to worry about than dremel dust.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's good where it is. It's not that bright. It only looks like that in the pic. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Been a couple days since it's been clean. So far, no one's been using it as a catch-all. Except me, of course.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As time goes on, the desk and it's functions will define themselves. So in a few months it'll be good, in a year, it will be vastly improved and just get better from there.

I've got my dremelpress clamped on a rolling table so I can keep it near or far depending. Consider if you've got fresh painted stuff around or there's a fresh drink in your Vader mug and you dremel something dusty ... Proximity bad.

Of course, if that's a multifunctional desk, then it has more to worry about than dremel dust.
Excellent point!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Since you've got drawers in the desk (which I wish I had!) don't keep too much stuff on the work surface as it gathers dust, and also when you reach for something with one hand 'cos you're other hand is holding some model parts together, you might tend to knock other things over whilst trying to reach the thing you need. Everything on the worktop and in the drawers should be within reach, so that you don't have to stretch or stand up to get it, especially if you have a cat on your knee, as I sometimes do.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cat, get the hell down or I'll neuter you myself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts