Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I am having some traction problems with my Tc4...I just purchased threaded shocks and new tires yesterday. I trued the tires down to 2.4in all around the car, I am running 40 shore on front and 35 in the rear. I am not 100% sure on what the adjustments on the threaded shocks will do to help or hurt traction and steering...The problem that is happening with my car is that the rear continues to slide out on me and it appears that I am having too much steering, at low and high speeds... I am running copper shocks in front and red shocks in the read, the droop at the front is 6 ( i think) and 5 (i think ) in the rear. The track is oval carpet, and I am using Jack the Gripper compound. Any help that you guys can provide me would greatly be appeatiated, I have a race tomorrow and want to try and get this problem straightened out...I looked through the touring oval thread and could not really find information that applies to my situation thanks Jeff

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Have you tried turning down your dual rate or steering speed? Those can be important adjustments for oval racing.

What type of front tires are you using? Sounds like you might be running too soft in the right front on the car. You are probably getting a lot of bite going into the corner and it probably is lifting the left rear or transferring too much weight. You could try going with a purple or yellow RF spring and see if that settles the car down. If I ran a balanced spring setup on my TC3, I would start with Yellow in the front and Copper or Purple in the rear.

Another thing to help hook up the rear is to run more rear toe-in. Ideally you want as little rear-toe for oval on a TC, but in a pinch more rear-toe will hook the rear up.

You also want to make sure that the rear shocks or suspension isn't binding. If the rear suspension isn't free, the downtravel of the suspension will be slow to react. This will lift the rear tires off the ground. Also, if you over-tighten the shock onto the suspension, it can cause the shaft to be bound up.

If you are running a rear sway bar, try taking it off and see if that helps. I personally don't like running a rear sway bar but some people do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts