Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First-Let me say Hello and Thanks to all, I have been aound here for a bit, just reading other posts and gathering useful info.
The question is...I have a Jacobsen snowblower with a 6hp Tecumseh engine, the magnets came off the flywheel I epoxied them back on but it just isnt right. On ebay I found a flywheel from a 6hp Tec-but I cant find out the diameter. My model num is H60-75447M Ser 8166C..The one on ebay is this-- 6HP Motor Model H60-75003E Serial 5214 04196 mounted on a Ariens Snow Thro 10M6 Trac Team. Will this flywheel work on my machine?
My guess is it will, both being 75xxx models. Thanks for the help. I posted this before and got no response ,,so I thought i would try again..

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
The flywheel will likely work as far as the ignition spark is concerned. It may not work with all electric starters or alternators, if both engine's were not equipped the same.

Both engines show to use the same magneto (610964). Your engine shows to use flywheel part number 610963. The eBay engine shows that it may have either a 30811A flywheel or on later models the same 610963 that your engine used.

The part numbers of the flywheels are generally cast into the flywheel. You might inquire if the the part number is on the flywheel and what the part number is.

Best of Luck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 30 YR----mine does have an electric starter and the one on ebay-from the picture-does too. The auction ended with no sale...hopefully it will be relisted and I will keep looking. Is there any chance that my flywheel could work,,or in your experience is it a long shot? Could it be a matter of the timing being off?--Are there too many variables with the magnets possibly being a little off? For the price I guess I should just buy a flywheel and save alot of aggravation. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
The difference, if any will likely be in the starter gear or magnets for the alternator. The ignition timing should be the same on all H60 engines.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just checking and Oscar-Wilson shows the 610963 for $57.97, none in stock, so I'm sure someone has it. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I wasnt clear...What I meant was ,,with my flywheel with the glued on magnets,,is there any possibility it could work? Could I change over to a universal ignition module-Jacks Small Engines num 440465 without changing the flywheel?
This machine has no alternator...its an old dog...

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If you got the magnets back in the same orientation as it was originally, then yes it might work. I have tried reinstalling magnets on a few flywheels. Never got it right, as I could never make a repaired one work. It's worth a try

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little more better....messed with the timing the other day,it was off -I think I have that set right now...but now I cannot give it any throttle or it just stalls. No more popping out the carb and exhaust. NOW my question is the carb..its not the original but appears to be the same except for the primer(original had a tube w/a bulb on the cover-this one has no primer). Any thoughts? Thanks...

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Carburetor may have some build up in it. If you can't get it to throttle up, I would look at the low speed circuit for a restriction. There are links in the sticky post in this section to service manuals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts