Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an autistic son who loves my H.O layout I have a four lane set up on 2 ping pong tables in an L ... But he is too hard on the cars and he gets quite upset when they fly off the track or when they break he has trashed a few cars on me now.... I have been thinking of upgrading to 1/32 in hopes that the cars will be a little more durable i also want to go with digital mainly for the wireless as he often forgets to set down the controller before running to get his car once he has derailed it and rips the wires out of the controllers ... I am just currious how the carrera digital track works is it backwards compatible with older sets ? can I buy a new digital set and then pick up some older non digital sets on ebay to get the track length i want or am i going to have to buy several digital sets ? same question for scx ? i am going to want to use the same size layout of 2 5X10 tables in an L

Thanks for any help in this matter

Joey

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Joey
Carrera analog (1/32 1/24) track is compatible with the digital and proX track the only difference is the power section. They were very smart about this. SCX digital 1/32 is a different type of track altogether from their old analog track which was compatable with the old scalextric track. Scalextric make some very durable entry level cars Lamborgini and Ferrari I think that take a beating. You can also add more magnets to keep them on the track but this can overheat the motors if you have too much down force.
If you buy a variable transformer for your HO track you can turn the power down. If you turn it down to 8-12 volts and let him run a super G+ car it should stick pretty well.
Tomy also makes a transformer for their HO track that you can switch between 3 settings and that might help if you have Tomy HO Track.

Good luck with it
Bill

·
Registered
133 Posts
Joey
You might consider 1/43 scale as the cars are way less money. A two pack of scx cars will run you only $20.00 from Target. You can get Carrera wireless sets ( no pulling out the controller wires) and add to it as you go. Their cars are about $16.00 each. The sets are reasonably priced. Magnets hold the cars to the track and loops to boot. The cars look pretty good to.
Merry X-mass.

Cheers Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
carrera digital can help you with most of these cases. with digital you can set how fast his car can go. I have a young son and he loves to race. He holds the button down all the way but the car never comes off the track. He just has to make sure to hold the wireless controller so it can be in line with the tower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts