Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has these and I looked at them but, don't see a maker or model on them. Any help would be appreciated!

Some are just hollow tin. The soldier is die cast as well.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Those pix aren't realy to helpfull. You should try'n take better ones, looks like a coupla interesting ones for sure!

Only one I can i.d. for sure is the #13 Lesney Wrecker.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I see a few looked to be Japan Tins but they can be re-pops.... A person would have to take a closer look at them to make sure they are the real deal over the re-pops stuff.

For the Hollow Cars, they may be Tootsie Toys or Dinky Toys

Take individual pictures of each Car upclose..... We may be able to help you then

Oh and welcome to the Board :wave:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Those are cell phone pics. Didn't have my camera handy at his house. I will get better pics but,may be a few days as our work schedules don't coincide.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I see a few looked to be Japan Tins but they can be re-pops.... A person would have to take a closer look at them to make sure they are the real deal over the re-pops stuff.

For the Hollow Cars, they may be Tootsie Toys or Dinky Toys

Take individual pictures of each Car upclose..... We may be able to help you then

Oh and welcome to the Board :wave:
How do you tell if they're real or re-pop? I'd love to know as I have a few tins in my collection.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The blue and green sedans are Barclays.
The lead soldier is Barclay also.

The little racing cars look as though they are old Japanese tin toys; they may not have a trademark, only "Made in Japan." The ones that say "Jet" on them are certainly from the 50s with those colors. Reproductions would be "Made in China."

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The tow truck ain't no lesney - it is a Japan toy truck about HO scale (probably a knock-off of the Matchbox being mentioned) If you look on the side it should have Japan cast in one of the sides, same with the bus.

Those two sedans are most likely Barclay's as others have said.

Most of the tin ones are likely to be old Japanese imports from the late '50s or '60s. Look for "Japan" somewhere on the litho, or maybe some makers mark. If you find a makers mark, this site can sometimes be helpful identifying the maker:
http://www.robot1968.com/logo.htm

That black convertible (Mercedes?) looks intriguing. It looks plastic, maybe a Mini Lindy? But those are marked on the bases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts