Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Modsquad is to thank for 98% of my original Topper collection but in my final dispaly I'd also like to include the PM 4 Lost Toppers and the 4 Detroits. Some I already have but the following I am in need of.

Continental
Mustang
Commuter
Skinni Mini
Tow'd

Any color is fine besides any licensed Cat in The Hat type scheme. I prefer opened as well c-8 or better and mirror finish is fine too.

If you are willing to sell or trade any of these castings please e-mail me at [email protected]

Now for an original Topper question. I know JL used the same engine parts on several Toppers and both my Bug Bombs are missing their engines both front and back, other than the pipes on the rear engine, are these the same motor, what other Toppers share engines with the Bug so that I may rob parts from a donor? Lastly, I know the old guard may cringe but as a last resort, is there any PM repop Toppers that were made that share nearly the same engines? I figure these can do for now for at least display purpose.

Many thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mark you just gave away about a gazillion of the first shot tow'ds? Have you lost yer mind?
Also if you look at Reno Diecast they have part of a set of the PM patch toppers. Nice set.(Not sure that is what you were looking for.)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reddwarf2 said:
Mark you just gave away about a gazillion of the first shot tow'ds? Have you lost yer mind?
Also if you look at Reno Diecast they have part of a set of the PM patch toppers. Nice set.(Not sure that is what you were looking for.)

I know but those are now numbered in a set. Didn't really want to break those up but I can if i have to. Those castings were not real popular so I figured I could pick them all up in time. Thanks for the Reno lead.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Any of the original Toppers you still need?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I could use a fair source for reproduction parts for some of the noses on the fart cars and also the hauler. Peter took care of me on the castings themselves.

I have all the castings but like I said above could use some displayability help on some missing pieces. Some I can ron off donors and sometimes even PM clones but when PM didn't make a casting like all the jets and the hauler, I'm in need.

Actually the only original casting I need at this point is a fair '32 Custom Ford. I have more of these than any other Topper but I don't have a single one with the window intact or side pipes on the engine. I know PM did this but the window is way off and not really comparable.

Bottom line I'm now down to the PM knock off Lincoln and Mustang and an original '32 Topper which I'll just keep an eye out for on TTP.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did (thanks to your generous donation Bert) purchase one of the blistered '32's done by PM using original unproduced parts at 'Fest this year in the auction but I just don't have the heart to open it if I can get away with it.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
A 32 Ford Topper will be on the way to you by Tuesday! :wave:

Hope you're not squeemish about ripping! :tongue:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
ooooohhhhh ripping open a Topper!! oooohhhhhh we want to see pictures!!!!!

Makes my tummy all tingly just thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bert.... don't play like that. No way, no way you send me a c-10 let alone a blister. I'll work a trade with you, something around a c-6,7 range tops is all I need but man don't go all crazy on me. Seriously, I know you're crazy enough to do it too.

E-mail me Bert, we'll work this out. I'm actually down to this last car and a PM Lincoln repop.

Re the collection; When you get them all together I come to this conclusion.

1. Lot's of talent going on back then
2. Lot's of imagination
3. Lot's of fun
4. Don't do drugs.:p

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
just my 2 cents...
I believe that the 90's re-pop engines will not just pop off of the new one and pop on the original... they will work, but some slight mod may be needed..

also the pipes on all the newer comemeratives all have a 'webbing' between the pipes where the original Toppers had all separate pipes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts