Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So.... I am at the local CostCo getting gas this morning and this cat pulls up on the three wheel motorcycle. One rear-two front bike. Very cool and modern. He had the thing painted jet black with what look like Carbon Fiber texture throughout. Very nice.

The delivery truck was dropping a load of gas and was parked right next to us so I had a hard time hearing him, but he said it was made by some Recreational Vehicle manufacturer - I guess Snowmobiles, motorcycles or boats perhaps - but I could not hear who and it had no marking due to his custom work.

I could not even hear how big the engine was. However, it sounded and looked very cool. I did hear that he said it rides like a car and was a bit safer than a regular bike due to its size. I thought he said it was an automatic too but I may be wrong.

Anyone have any further info?? One reason I am interested is my wife thought it was very cool - normally anti-motorcycle - but liked this unit as it appeared larger and safer, which I confirmed with the riders comments............

Any help is appreciated............ Tried searching three-wheel motorcycles on google and got zippo......... Curious as to some info including price.

PS. It was not a T-Rex......

Dip

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It's called a spyder, made by CanAM, we have a dealership that sells them in town. Neat looking creations!
Yup, sounds like Can-Am Spyder, designed and build by Bombardier, a Canadian company. Bomardier also owns the Ski-Doo and Sea-Doo brands.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Hot Wheels already has a 1/64th model of it out.

There is a guy that must have one that he takes to work every day.. I always pass him going the opposite way.

It's bright yellow and he looks ultra dork-y riding it :tongue: ... I don't care how fast it is... that thing looks wierd and nerdy

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No scooter but the Can am sounds right as I recollect our conversation. I am going to hit google and find the site. This one I saw looked very cool, call me a nerd, that thing rocked.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Some images

Dipstick, for you and others who may be curious.
The first time I saw one of these on the street, it was going the opposite way.
I was absolutely stunned for a moment and then quickly cranked a u-ball to have a better look.
It definitley looks weird the first time you see it.
Now that I have seen it several times, I like it.

The Can-Am Spyder:

And a link to check out:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-canam-spyder-test-61047.html

Enjoy!

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
627 Posts
There is someone near me that has a Custom made (I think) Indycar/Motorcycle.

The front of it looks like an indycar, and the driver sits in the seat, but the back half is cut open, and has a motorcycle without the front wheel for power. So, It has one wheel in the back, and two in the front.

EDIT: Here is a crappy photoshop of what it kind of looks like. I'll have to take a picture the next time I see it.

It is pretty neat. I would deffinetly drive that before I would drive one of those can-ams.

IMHO those are for the enviromentalists that want a motorcycle, but don't have the ability to drive one :tongue:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
As a guy that rides a bike every day, but isn't getting any younger, I can see one of those when the knees aren't able to hold up a regular bike anymore. However, I think I would prefer to go with a conventional trike, with two wheels out back. Can't help it, there's just something a little more appealing about them, to me at least.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The real question is ???

You have to have 2 Licenses...:tongue: LOL

1 for Motorcycles for the rear end

&

1 for Cars for the front end

LMAO :tongue::tongue:

The real trick is what License do you hand over when being pulled over ??? LOL

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Nice! We have a dealer less then 2 miles from out house. I've test ridden one and it rides incredible! There is a pretty decent sized aftermarket making performance parts as well. As stated before, I'll ride my motorcycle until I can't hold it up any longer, then I'll find one of these parked in the garage. Nothing nerdy about that beast at all. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts