Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need Some Custom Decals...

Any custom decal makers out there?

I recently bought a couple of 'extra' 1:64 trucks (Tomica Limited Vintage) that I want to customize. I figured it's not worth me learning and buying supplies to do it myself, since it is only 4 trucks, SO, I was wondering if there are any guys out there that do this sort of thing and how much it might cost me to have something done.

The vehicles in question are these:

I don't have a picture of it out of the box, but they are similar to this:

The canvas back is plastic and removable (and I think it might be textured).
I don't have a design or logo, but what I had in mind was maybe to have "TOYOTAGEEK'S GARAGE" on the canvas, and maybe a "TG" or "TGG" on the doors.

Hope to hear back from someone with tips, suggestions, or offers?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TG,
I spend a large portion my Customizing time now on the PC designing graphics for the large number of Decals I make.
What you want on the doors is very easy.

For the dark colored canvas tarp you'll either have to be satisfied using white Decal Paper, which I think is the absolute pits,
Or,
My method of putting InkJet Decals over Dark colors requiring fitting in a white area of paint behind the InkJet Decal, time consuming and tedious yet yielding superior results,
Or,
Having ALPS Decals made which will run you around $30 per page plus artwork time and shipping.

Take a look at my Jada Customs here on this board (back pages) which show how I put any color InkJet Decal over Dark Colors.

Contact me if you have more questions,

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello CadillacPat,

Thanks for your reply. I think I may have found someone on another forum already, so let me see what pans out. Your work looks great though, and I'll definately keep you in mind for future projects, since I belong to a couple of car clubs that might be interested in something one day... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
CP,
What's the software app you use to design and make your decals?
Thanks, rr
Hey RR,
I first started out using Microsoft Word to create Decals and then moved on to some other programs like Broderbund Publishing Pro and Printshop Publishing Pro.
They were inexpensive programs, ($20 - $40) that performed well and at the time I had very few PC skills.

For the last 4 years or so I've used PhotoShop.
It will allow you to do anything.

ToyotaGeek,
Welcome to the HT Customs board,
You should have no problem finding very capable people on any of the many HT forums who can help with any questions you have.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts