Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make you chief designer for the day. Your job is to take a look at the latest crop of Cherries available and think of creative veriations you'd like to see. Drag racing.......Vega Cosworth....... weekend warrior..........car in progress..........junkyard treasure..........

Give casting selections, theme ideas, format etc.

Be creative, anything is possible and it COULD BE DONE as an AutoFest casting so don't think this is a pipe dream!

Mark Hosaflook:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
spoilers-type of car

I know i've seen countless vega's and pinto's and gremlins that have bigger engines than most chevelles, mustangs, and chargers... So in actuallity, it would be sorta realistic.

Including big slicks in the back and pizza cutter front tires

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Here's some for you Mark. Early Pro Stock had Mavericks Pintos, Mustang IIs and Vegas

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not sure I'm up to date on all of the Fresh Cherries out there, so forgive me if these are already out.
How about the Pacer wagon, and make sure it has the fake wood stickies on the side, and the roof rack. Can't help it, always got a kick out of that car.
Maybe an Eagle SX/4, or even the two door Matador.
A Vega wagon would be cool, especially with a hood scoop and Cragar S/S wheels. Growing up, nothing got your attention like a V8 powered Vega wagon.
You know what I'd really like to see? A 77-79 LTD II two door, with the two-tone paint and the Magnum wheels. :thumbsup: A matching Ranchero from the same model years would make for a great pair.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Twincam Cosworth would be cool, they had their own colors and badging and when you open the hood, WOW! But here in central Illinois you didn't see many of them. V-8 Vega's were so plentiful in these parts you would of thought GM made them all that away. How about a street car? Like something a guy would be building in his garage. Take it to the strip but still street legal. Big or small block, tunnel ram, hood or no hood, primered dog house (fiberglass, the guy ain't had time to paint it yet), maybe a few spots of primer here and there, no back seat, four point roll bar, skinnys in front and biggins in the rear, got to be tubed (not a Zinger looking setup) and licence plates. Vega, Maverick, Pinto, Gremlin, its all good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I'm all for the drag look with the Pinto, Maverick, Vega, Gremlin. I had a '71 Pinto that I used to dream about swapping in a 289, but it rusted apart. How about some type of a stock car, or Trans-Am series? The local speedway used to have a four cylinder division. Mostly VW Rabbits, and Toyotas, but there were a few Pintos and Vegas thown in. I think it would be cool to see a Pinto done up Dan Gurney style.

Hmmm. May just have to try that out myself.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lpgeoteacher said:
I'd love to see their Judge casting used for the Fest! :thumbsup: (Where is the smiley with the drool?)
I figured you'd be pushing for the Volkswagen Nardo in some upgrade guise? Are you sick?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
xhing380 said:
As soccercap said, he works for Motomax, hey, soccercap let's say something. I can't wait for it!!!!!
WELCOME to the board! :wave:
Ok you big tease, spill it.! Whatch ya talkin about? :confused: :thumbsup: :confused:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
ok this is just a 3 min- custom thrown together but you get the idea :wave:
sorry nothing matches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts