Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go for it or not?

A Co-worker of mine got lucky and won a Brand new Losi Night Crawler at a raffle drawing. Well when he went and picked it up from the hobby shop he realized he needed battery and charger.

Ended up he spent right at 140 or so dollars on a charger and 5400 lipo battery (don't know the brand of battery).

The guy is not much into R/C trucks or crawlers (more of a plane and heli type rc enthusiest) and he wants to sell it,

Losi night crawler
5400 Lipo 7.4
Charger for the lipo battery
( NO Power supply, But that is'nt a problem being I have plenty of Power supplies)

What would be a fair price for this setup?
Would it be worth 300?

Truck is slightly used and I actually drove it during the first couple of days that he had it. He's had it about 4 weeks now and is only a very casual user of it.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
was it the RTR 1/10th scale?

They aren't cheap, but they are KILLER COOL!

A buddy of mine has one, and runs a small lipo in his..and it runs for like 5 hours. That thing should run for DAYS on a 5400 LIPO!

Check with horizonhobby.com for what they are selling for -

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, RTR with the 2.4 Ghz Radio,extra pinion, etc...

He sais it ran for well over 4 hours on the battery and it was still going strong.

I think it would be a great deal for $300 for the RTR , 5400 Battery, and charger.

What do ya' think?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up date ,

I got the truck from the guy Wednsday evening , Wrapped it up and under the tree she went.

I couldn' t stand it anymore so about 2:00 Pm I talked my 11 year old into opening a present for X-mas eve , "Don't you want to open a present?"

Yea Dad she replied , I talked her in to that one and man was it great.

She and I ran it for well over 4 hours before it stopped due too battery discharged.

It took about 1 Hr 15 Min that night for a full recharge, Man That thing has been run off and on ever since on that same charge ....

X-mas mourning (Friday) to now (Monday) and it's still running

What a DEAL !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts