Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Xbox that is modded and I am trying to link it to my Pc but to no avail

Here is what I am trying to do so far

I am trying to downlaod the games from my Xbox to my PC so I can transfer them to my other Xbox

I have the Xbox Link cable hooked up to the PC and the Xbox It is showing coneected on the Xbox and the PC
I am not sure what setup I have for the Xbox though I did get it from Friendtech and it is the 733 model

On the xbox it is showing in blue letters under the network heading the following

TYPE STATIC
IP 192.168.0.3
LINE STATUS 100/FULL DUPLEX
ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS 00:50:F2:A6:10:E3

In white letters it has

Setup Network Yes
Use Static IP Yes
IP 192.168.0.3
Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
default Gateway 192.168.0.5
DNS 0.0.0.0
DNS 0.0.0.0

Now for the PC

I am using Coffee cup FTP and I am really knew to this also

I see most PPL are using fastxp I think that is the name of it
If there is a place to get a free downlaod for it Please LMK and I will do that if it is easier for some one to tell me how to do it

I have the TCP/IP set up as follows
IP 192.168.0.3
Subnet 255.255.255.0

The PC shows I am connected but when I go to coffee cup and connect there it shows like it is trying to and than says time out and stops

Please LMK if anybody can help me

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do you know if you have to use a cross-over cable or not? A cross-over cable is used to connect two computers without going through a hub. I don't know if you need that for an XBox to PC connection or not.

Edited:
I answered my own question. The XBox Link Cable is a cross-over cable. Not sure how much you spent on it, but you could have gone to OfficeDepot and purchased just about any cross-over cable and it would have worked.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
you have the same IP for both boxes...(192.168.0.3)
I use WS_FTP with mine.....

Set your XBOX to 192.168.0.4

Both devices are on the same network, so no defualt gateway is needed.

Also checkout: www.xbox-scene.com

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tres E-mail me and we can talk about xboxs
I was wondering what all you have done to yours
I am also going to retry linking the Xbox and the computer up again
Do you have a link for the FT that you use for yours or is Coffee cup the same thing

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts