Hobbyist Forums banner

Need Info on Amt/Ertl Enterprise Bridge

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  asennad 
#1 ·
Could anyone point me toward a tutorial on building the Amt/Ertl Enterprise bridge? Also, what is included in the bridge accurizing kit?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Heh...how many years do you want to devote to it?

Start with this by yours truly.

I've never seen them in person, but from the pics I have seen, the Bridge accurizing kit adds details but keeps them in the "spirit" of the kit, rather than making any serious alterations.

#3 ·
Making the Bridge Model more Accurate,

Hi,That model of the Bridge was made by AMT in 1975,Ertl reissued it As far as making it more accurate certain parts are just molded wrong the turbo elevator entrance,the main viewscreen,On the t.v.series Bridge there are 5 panels on the starboard side of the Bridge with viewsreens on top,There should be two on the communications and science panels and the rest of the bridge should only have one,AMT molded Two viewsreens on the other panels too which is wrong and If you can maybe, try to correct that.Spocks station should have a scanner,you'll just have to work with some inaccuracies of that model,I don't know what the Bridge add on kit has and as far as references,Watch the orignal series and take details,On ebay I believe they sell blueprints of the bridge and maybe the Bridge add on kit will give you information and more references you need,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

#5 ·
Monsters In Motion has the accurizing kit listed, but not much of a description of the replacement parts. Please keep us posted Steve, I'll buy a set from you.

I have some Bridge projects planned. I'd like to do a "Cage" version with the monochromatic color scheme, chairs, individual "goose neck" view screens, etc... Also, a studio set of the Bridge with visible scenery supports, lighting and camera equipment, etc... Both models would be 1/2 dioramas of the familiar angle of the Bridge we see in the show.

#7 ·
accurizing kit

I have the accurizing kit for the bridge. It was purchased from monstersinmotion.com and took a long time to get, months I believe. I'll try to find it when I get home and take a look. Steve is right though. I remember it had a replacement for Spock's station.

#10 ·
How about a Bridge conversion kit,To make the Pilot bridge

Hi,I would like to maybe convert the Bridge model into the Bridge as it appeared in Star Treks Second Pilot,Where no man has gone before,there were signifigent differences in the Bridge comparing it to the later episodes,they should do a conversion kit as a combination,Cage/Where No Man has gone before add on kit.I always liked the earlier bidge design,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

#15 ·
asennad said:
I posted a corrected CAD floor plan for the ERTL bridge a few months ago. Simply print it out and past it to 1/2 inch MDF and cut it out. It makes for a symetrical floor for the bridge and is easier then screwing around with the kits uneven floor sections.
Where or how can I find this thread with the CAD floor plan? I don't remember seeing it the original time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.