Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last time i raced i was using 3500 4 cells i wanted to get back in but i wanna race brushless with the lipo can i use the competition e charger still or do i buy a lipo charger also whats the best esc and motors for brushless? apreciate any tricks you guys have I just wanna go fast

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Not sure on your charger, but you do need one that has a charge cycle for Lipo's. They do a CC/CV charge, they hold a constant current until they reach ~ 4.2V per cell then hold that voltage while reducing amps until fully charged.

Hot motor right now seem to be the Duo 2. Personally I like the tekin speed control, but all the others seem to be good as well. Advantage of the tekin right now is that it can be updated by hooking up to your computer with a optional cable. I believe Novak is working on this as well and should have it soon.

John

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
a thunder power 610 charger is a great lipo charger that won't brake your bank, around $130, charges 1-10 amp great buy....are you going to run 1 cell or 2 cell lipo??.. the duo motors by trinity or the Fantom motors are hard to beat versions 1 and 2 are basically the same motor other than the version 2 has more rpm and some guys like them better... speedo.. LRP and Tekin are the ones of choice by top racers.. but you may check with your local track or where ever you plan on racing and make sure they don't have rules on sertain motors or speedo that you have to run..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts