Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to lipo so pardon my ignorance. I bought some 2400 Orion lipo battery packs and they didn't come with the wires. What size plugs do I need and does anyone know a good source to find them? I located several different sizes on Ebay but they're all in Hong Kong. I was hoping to pick some up this week and race next weekend.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
You can get the plugs at hobby stores. I believe they are 4 mm but the hobby shop will know. I assume you have a Lipo compatible charger. The Orion if it has the small balancing tap in between the positive and negative holes takes a balancer like the Equinox that plugs into the three holes in the batt.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get the plugs at hobby stores. I believe they are 4 mm but the hobby shop will know. Usually Orion batts have a bag in the box with the male and female plug and the mini plug that is needed for the center balancing connector.
Thanks.

I bought a new Orion before they changed and it did come with the leads and connectors (nothing for balancing though). I came across a good deal on some used batteries but the guy kept the leads. I'll run by the LHS and see if they have what I need.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Thanks.

I bought a new Orion before they changed and it did come with the leads and connectors (nothing for balancing though). I came across a good deal on some used batteries but the guy kept the leads. I'll run by the LHS and see if they have what I need.
I'm pretty sure Bill Pennington has them.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
FWIW - I run the Orion Packs, and I like the 4mm Male pins from Great Planes.

You can see them HERE on Tower Hobbies site, and get the Part # for your LHS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts