Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone has some luck with this problem. I have two Zingers WL's with the Zingers paper that's inside the blister tilted up on the right side. It dosn't sit right in the area of the blister it's supposed to. It covers the back wheel. I'll try to get a pic. ANY how..... has anyone figured out a way to get this back into place? Other than opening it of course.
Thanks
Marty

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Get the thinest needle you can find and figure out where you need to insert it in the package to get the most leverage to move it in the right direction. It may have to be through the blister or through the back of the card.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Try a fine (very, very fine) sewing needle and see if you can move this paper into place (I did this years back with a Topper 32' Ford Hot Rod with a loose windshield and it worked great).
The finer the needle, the better. Try to puncture (use a thimble) in a area of the cardboard (or bubble blister if you need to) that won't show (through some type or other "busy" graphics area if possible). From the outside, any needle hole can be peened out flat without much of a noticable hole.

Good luck-Peter

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Take 2 thin peices of wood and clamp them to the top of the card very securely. Now, tie a piece of rope (like clothesline) to the clamps. Make sure the rope is around 10 feet in length. Go into the middle of the yard and spin the whole mechanism over your head like a lasso as fast as you can. The centrifugal force will pop the insert back into place. :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
pms485 said:
Take 2 thin peices of wood and clamp them to the top of the card very securely. Now, tie a piece of rope (like clothesline) to the clamps. Make sure the rope is around 10 feet in length. Go into the middle of the yard and spin the whole mechanism over your head like a lasso as fast as you can. The centrifugal force will pop the insert back into place. :roll:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
pms485 said:
Please be sure to post a video link to yourself doing this so we can all make sure we utilize the proper technique.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That cardboard paper label in blister is sometimes attached to blister with some sort of glue or double back tape which might make straightening it a problem. I had several Zingers myself with that same problem and couldn't fix them due to the double blister system that JL uses. If yours are attached this way, you may be stuck with the label piece being cock-eyed like that! The ones I had like that were not WLs, I wasn't able to fix them, sooooooo I FREE'D them!

Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to try the lasso thing first I think. Sounds like fun even if it doesn't work. :lol:

Thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have never had that problem, but If I did, I can fix it easy !

Good luck with what ever you decide to try !

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I FIXED them!!!!!!

Well kinda.............

The red ones does look better that way after all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts