Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first/second cut of a dairy delivery. i cant get the sanding part down-yet. any tips on how to sand and smooth the grooves so they are the same as b4 -like the the long bump going down the middle(on the side) horizontally and the cracks on the door ways. im trying but im not happy with the results. i tried to get as many angles so you can see what im trying to build-thanks! i can be [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I like your ideas. The first three are a little dark, my eyes arent that good either. Are you going to detail the bike? I'm not much help for the sanding. As for the door lines, have you tried using a razor blade using a machinest scale as a guide? Score it a few times until you get the depth you want. Thats a tip I learned here on HT too.
By the way... that would make for a cool tow truck as well.

·
Registered
754 Posts
For longer lines, I wrap a pop-sicle (hobby) stick with sand paper, and use both the the edge and flat as I need them. I also cut the sticks into a flat chisle point on one end. sand paper wrapped around tooth picks or Q-tip stems work well for small radius', around a thicker soda straw makes variable radiuses easier to work on. ( I just saw you post in the work bench thread; I'm guessing this was the question(s) you needed input on) For door lines I have two tools: old jeweler's saw blades (alsu scrool saw blades) and a ceramic fine ball burnishing tool I snapped the ball off of to make a small rounded scribe.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've been doing a lot of sanding details off my castings with my dremel tool and a sandpaper disk. Seems to work pretty good, but I am an impatient worker! LOL

I really like this one, mind if I steal the idea? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Prime after initial sanding so you can see your progress, prime, sand ,prime, sand this is where you develop the never ending skill of patience !!!!! :freak:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Finger nail files works great for making straight lines in bondo.

You can even buy the 30 pc Jewlery Dremel bits on eBay for $5
if you own a Dremel Tool.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
You can even buy the 30 pc Jewlery Dremel bits on eBay for $5
if you own a Dremel Tool.
Need input... never heard of this, I'm still kinda new.
I can use some help here also :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts