Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
briggs stratton 3 hp 80202 smokes ALOT ... it smokes some when idling, smoes ALOT when accelerating and when you let go of it it smokes alot more. the needle doesnt work well... tried messsing with it didnt work, the needle looks like new on the end when you take it out. the carb doesnt work well... need carb cleaner alot to start it fast enough. any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
color smoke: white and carb.. no hoope, i have to spray like pints! of carb cleaner in it, and today i started it in my garage and WHEW! the spring broke off, got to medium, and WOAH! tons of smoke smokes out... at idle too... i stuffed something into the throttle and it got back to rough idle... any suggestions? and will a 5 hp carb fit into a 3 hp tank? and rebuilding it... how? rebuild kit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
you meant a 5 hp carb that mounts on to the fuel tank i thought you meant a fuel bowl carb :confused:

yeah they should if the mounting holes match :roll:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops let me restate (thanks matt for typo) will a 5 hp carb work with a 3 hp fuel TANk attached to it? and will the 5 hp carb's mounting holes for the gas tank and block fit together? thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
"carb's mounting holes for the gas tank and block fit together?"

its not aq question of the mounting holes on the block because they should be the same the only time you should see a change in that is on 9hp or up the only thing that might be different are the gas tank mounting holes wich youll need to check. :dude: :freak:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts