Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'd like to replase the rims and tires that come with the Revell Foose 1:25 Custom Cadillac Eldorado to jazz it up a bit. I'm somewhat new to modeling but I've built several cars so far and I'm learning from each one. I don't know how to modify wheel wells or bodies nor do I understand how size tires for a kit yet (17", 18", etc). Any suggestions on wheels and tires that will fit without carving the kit up? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Administrator
33,040 Posts
Unless you decide to do them as a lifted vehicle (I believe they were called donks there for awhile) you are going to have cut wheel well and/or fenders. Or go with really skinny rims!

Just like with real tires you should also be able to find larger rims with low profile tires on the internet or at your local hobby shop if you have one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you decide to do them as a lifted vehicle (I believe they were called donks there for awhile) you are going to have cut wheel well and/or fenders. Or go with really skinny rims!

Just like with real tires you should also be able to find larger rims with low profile tires on the internet or at your local hobby shop if you have one.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Administrator
33,040 Posts
Another resource you can explore are the 1/24 (25) scale diecasts. Brands like Jade, Maisto and Rev Rollers have some rather larger rims and low profile tires and you might even be able to use their bases to adapt to your car model body.

They are a lot more expensive but Franklin and Danbury Mint diecasts may also be a resource. Keep us updated on your finds and plans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another resource you can explore are the 1/24 (25) scale diecasts. Brands like Jade, Maisto and Rev Rollers have some rather larger rims and low profile tires and you might even be able to use their bases to adapt to your car model body.

They are a lot more expensive but Franklin and Danbury Mint diecasts may also be a resource. Keep us updated on your finds and plans.
Will do. Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
For 1/25 scale models, inches converts approximately to mm. so if you want 18" rims, get 18mm rims. getting different brand rims to mount is not easy, so i usually just glue wheels to the body. this also stops the rolling off the shelf.
There's a wide selection of rims on ebay from hobby design. They are nicely cast resin rims and tires. they even have some for specific manufacturers (eg Aoshima or Hasagawa).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts