Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've done the BWF and PiP thing, need to come up with a new theme to collect. I'm really digging the Black Bandits, and have a couple regular JL's that fit that scheme - black paint, black interior, black rims. Most notibly the GTX from the Angel series (top up and top down).

Anyone else have any suggestions for the set?

Oh, and if you have the first bug or VW Bus that you want to get rid of, I do need those two... :(

·
Registered
971 Posts
How about old and new versions in the same color? I'm thinking of the 64 and 2004 GTO in silver. 64 and 66 GTOs in ivory with red interiors. 66 and 05 Mustangs in black. Or perhaps opposite colors; black w/white interior, and white w/black interior, same cars... maybe 67-68 Camaros? Just a thought.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would say look for a group all in one color. For example I look only for Mopars in shades of blue. I kind of call it "My Blue Heaven". Some times they have other colors with them but the base color is a blue.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
farmer64th said:
I would say look for a group all in one color.

This is a cool idea.

Went to e-Bay to the Johnny Lightning auction listings and did a search in title and descriptions for the color "purple" and came up with 135 hits.

Under Johnny Lightning in e-Bay stores there were 475 hits for the color "purple".

Some are going to be duplicates, but that is still a lot of different cars in that color.

Another way to collect. :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
travis1960 said:
Under Johnny Lightning in e-Bay stores there were 475 hits for the color "purple".
Be nice to have all the purple Mopars

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
70XR7 said:
Now that I've done the BWF and PiP thing, need to come up with a new theme to collect. I'm really digging the Black Bandits, and have a couple regular JL's that fit that scheme - black paint, black interior, black rims. Most notibly the GTX from the Angel series (top up and top down).

Anyone else have any suggestions for the set?

Oh, and if you have the first bug or VW Bus that you want to get rid of, I do need those two... :(
Well, Mike, there's always the American Glory / Red, White and Blue theme......... :D :D :D

I agree with you, the Black Bandits are sharp. If you can't get help w/ the Samba and Beetle here, well, you know Reno Diecast has them - for some coin. If you can get ahold of the black Hispano-Suiza from Universal Studios Monsters, remove the tampos, reverse the redlines and blacken the redline spare with a Sharpie (thanks for the tip, AQUA XK8 :thumbsup: ); another piece that goes nicely is the black Mach 1 from Poker Series 2; consider the '65 Chevy pickup from 13Customs, too. Have fun!

G

·
Black is beautiful, especially with chrome. It really shows off redlines too.

Have you ever noticed how many JLs are blue with a white roof? That could be a collection all by itself. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts