Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, check out pic below and LMK if there is a 1/64 casting with those exact wheels. They have to be the same rim style, with skinny whitewalls and skinny width of tires. If you have and are willing to give up on trade etc. LMK. Would highly appreciate it. Thanks. Marc

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Those appear to be Keystone Classics. Aftermarket wheels popular (very) in the '70's and maybe '80s.
JL's Magnum 500s are probably as close as yer gunna find.
These rims can be filed down to fit JL's skinny whites that came on the white '66 Impala cnvt. and the red '65 Mustang fastback both realesed in '06.
These are very realistic tires IMO.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I remember asking several years ago if anyone on these boards wanted Playing Mantis to produce Keystone Classics for their cars and I was surprised that a lot of the guys didn't want them. I would like to have seen PM make them. I always liked that wheel design.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. If you have pics, please post them up, that would help huge.

I am surprised no one cared to have these style rims produced. Heck if you look at the original redline era of Hotwheels, they were designed around the keystone rim, just no as detailed as I would want or need them to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts