Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Team Associated L4 front and rear pod on a Leading edge chassis. As far as electronics go I have a Lrp Spx tc spec esc, with a Fantom Ion 2 motor, and the battery I am using is an smc 25c 4000mah 1s. I know the battery is old and is going to be replaced soon. I guess I trying to find out what would be a good setup for my gearing and profile for my esc. The fastest at our track is 4.7 or 4.8 and I am at a 5.0-5.1. My current set up is a 92 tooth 64p spur and a 49 tooth pinion. My profile on my esc is currently set on 7. I have my motor at 12 degrees timing. I have a pretty consistent line and pretty I am a pretty good driver just trying to squeeze about a good three tenths out of this car. Also I keep the car well maintained as far as cleaning the bearings and making sure the car is resistent free. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

Also if you need anymore info inorder to help me please just let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have a Team Associated L4 front and rear pod on a Leading edge chassis. As far as electronics go I have a Lrp Spx tc spec esc, with a Fantom Ion 2 motor, and the battery I am using is an smc 25c 4000mah 1s. I know the battery is old and is going to be replaced soon. I guess I trying to find out what would be a good setup for my gearing and profile for my esc. The fastest at our track is 4.7 or 4.8 and I am at a 5.0-5.1. My current set up is a 92 tooth 64p spur and a 49 tooth pinion. My profile on my esc is currently set on 7. I have my motor at 12 degrees timing. I have a pretty consistent line and pretty I am a pretty good driver just trying to squeeze about a good three tenths out of this car. Also I keep the car well maintained as far as cleaning the bearings and making sure the car is resistent free. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

Also if you need anymore info inorder to help me please just let me know. Thanks.
Chassis is 90% of your speed. I dont think its motor or speedo. U need to corner as fast as your straightaway speed... The car has to rotate through..
Are U running the hardest tires U can get away with ???
What is your chassis setup???
JW

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chassis is 90% of your speed. I dont think its motor or speedo. U need to corner as fast as your straightaway speed... The car has to rotate through..
Are U running the hardest tires U can get away with ???
What is your chassis setup???
JW
I'm sorry I'm farely new to racing so I don't know what u mean when u say chassis setup. But I know I'm running Pinks in the rear and double black on the outside and white on the inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts