Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im thinking about getting the trinity dpd discharger. and I cant decide between it and either the zero-thirty or the reactor 35 so I was just wondering what discharger do you guys recomend. also if I get the 35 I will be able to sell all of my other dischargers and be able to pay it off. so im kinda leaning twards the dpd even tho it will be more expensive up front. also I have a question about hyperform racing's batteries they look good but they seem to good to be ture. and like the old saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true, it usualy is" also with the integy batteries, at stormer and tower the quick description with the tumbnail says that they produce 1.2av @30a and then when you open them up and read more about the product it actualy says they produce 1.18av what gives? any help you guys can give me will be much apreceated.

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
go with the trinity dpd. why buy something you'll replace anyway? most batteries now are over 1.20 volts per cell... 3800s and 4200s that is.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The other 2 are not good for 3800's and 4200's anyways - do not want to take them down to zero - tears the cells up.

Either the Trinity, Novak Smart Tray or Team Much More discharger are good choices for better battery care adn maintenance.

I have Novaks right now and like them but when I can get a DPD I am going to. Like a little matching machine also with all the information it gives and you do not need a power supply!

Just some thoughts,

mc

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose I forgot to mention that I have a reactor 20 and a tekin battery doctor 8.0 would that change anybodys oppinion since I have those.

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sean:

Hi,

I would either go for the Trinity DPD or the MuchMore CTX-2. the CTX-2 might cost a little more but it works flawlessly. I have two Novak Smart Trays and I use a CTX-2 Bi-weekly. I have used the Trinity DPD but like the CTX better.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The issue of not needing a P/S really isn't an issue cause I would venture to say that if you race you have a P/S.I have the Much More unit and love it,I recommend it highly,as for batteries, go for a matcher that cycles at 35 amps it's pretty much the standard today,some of the top matchers out there now are SMC,TQ,Pro-Match,EA,VOODOO there are plenty more to choose from though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts