Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me what the green felted cars are 57 chevy lavender/green interior/rr's/gold hubs/ 55 tbird yellow/green felt interior/yellow hubs they are from the poker run series

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Are you asking what brand they are? They are Johnny Lightnings. If the car is covered in green felt, then it is a "White Lightning" (special collector edition limited to approx 1% of a run). The regular version has green felt seats and no other part is covered with felt. I hope that helps you out a little. I think those fuzzy cars are awesome! :thumbsup:

1up

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Weird... I was just at an antique mall yesterday and saw 2 carded Poker series cars (NOT WL's) they had the fuzzy seats and were still intact, it seemed. It was a Viper and a Cadillac.

Milton.... I also saw a bunch of old carded Corvettes from the old Playing Mantis days, PM me if there is any from that era you might be looking for... various series'... but they want 5 to 7 dollars for each....

·
Administrator
31,661 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I know I dont have them all but also not really sure of which ones I do still need. It will take me a while to track them down to come up with a list but if you can - easily photograph them the next time you are there I can PM you my phone number and I can let you know if I do or dont have those you have the time to photograph.

The carded Johnnies do go for about $5.00 a piece around here at the toy shows, too. Much more at an antique mall. By rough count I do have more than 100 Johnnies now. Only a few of the Viscious Vettes by Topper with Most from Playing Mantis and a few more recent releases.

Turns out I do have the '68 Corvette from the Poker series. Never noticed the seats are flocked with green felt and were not painted.

Johnny Lighting Poker #6 1968 Chevrolet Corvette
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Between the two series listed on the card back it would give you only 48 playing cards, but the card front says there are 52. Do you remember what card was showing on the 2 you found @Pablodragon From the given list it would mean I still need to find the '96 and 2002 Corvettes or my 'Vette accumulations. I imagine they are both convertibles, too. I am wondering though if the 2 all flocked cars (as 'WL' chases) have the aces in them or they are all just randomly inserted playing cards.

This one also has a new UP sticker on the back over the old UPC information which I think means they were reissued "from the Johnny Vault finds".

[/url
url=https://flic.kr/p/LteGqr]Johnny Lighting Poker #6 1968 Chevrolet Corvette
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Johnny Lighting Poker #6 1968 Chevrolet Corvette
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts