Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I see that most of you are collectors on here, but I thought maybe I could possibly get some help! Our son received the Jada R/C Laser Combat Tag vehicles today (Christmas). We have fresh batteries in both cars and controllers. We have checked and double checked EVERYTHING and they will not drive. They will come on and the lights come on, on the controllers, but nothing. We made sure the vehicles are on the same with the frequency as the controllers, etc, etc. They make some interesting sounds, but being able to drive them and play with them would be a plus! Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Mindy

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Mindy, you might get a faster and better answer if you post this in the R/C forum.

Just to throw something out there, I know you said the cars are the same frequency as their controllers, but are the freqs different for each car. For example 27 MHz on one car/controller and 49 MHz on the other car/controller? I hope I didn't misunderstand you about your frequencies explanation.

Radio-controlled Vehicles forum
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=7

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Mindy, If you cant get any answers here on Hobbytalk I would try the
main source and that's the www.jadatoys.com VIP 2.0 Board - Its free
to become a member and you will get more direct answers there than
most Boards. I would put Attention Mike as a headliner in the General
Jada Die Cast Board
as that is where all the traffic goes too usually
for questions like yours. I do Collect all Jada Cars but I don't have any
answers for you about your issue.... Mike should know and give you all
the right answers and if he can't then I know he will know who designed
them and they can help you out. The Jada Board is full of Jadaholics like
myself.

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Dragonhead you understood that right . . . or maybe I just typed it goofy. We have 1 car on 27 mhz and 1 on 49 mhz. After 4 phone calls I was actually able to get a hold of Jada themselves. They were of NO help, except telling me that something is wrong with the cars and send them back. OKKKKKKKKK!!! I made a comment about it being strange that something would be wrong with BOTH of them, but whatever. Guess we'll wait until we get the new ones and see what happens! Otherwise, I'm getting my money back and won't be buying from this company again! What a huge disappointment for 7 yr. old boy who LOVES cars and especially R/C cars!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Mindy, You will always get a disappointment with these type of Toys as
they always take money and patience fixing them when they do break.

I don't buy these type of Toys as I feel you are throwing away your $$$.
( It doesn't matter IMHO what brand you are purchasing with RC Cars or
Planes etc.. as you will always be throwing $$$ away with these type of
Toys.

Us Collectors call them 20 min Toys before they Break.

Just my .02c

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes, Dragonhead you understood that right . . . or maybe I just typed it goofy. We have 1 car on 27 mhz and 1 on 49 mhz. After 4 phone calls I was actually able to get a hold of Jada themselves. They were of NO help, except telling me that something is wrong with the cars and send them back. OKKKKKKKKK!!! I made a comment about it being strange that something would be wrong with BOTH of them, but whatever. Guess we'll wait until we get the new ones and see what happens! Otherwise, I'm getting my money back and won't be buying from this company again! What a huge disappointment for 7 yr. old boy who LOVES cars and especially R/C cars!

Thanks for your help!
Sorry dear ! I remember as a kid i had a MUSTANG and i actually got it to SMOKE THE TIRES once ! WICKED AS CRAP !!!!!!!!! I picked up slightly on the rear and let it sit like that for around 6 minutes on pavement .. then they smoked . But back to your post , i dont blame you at all Mindy ... if they dont work ... return them !!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
5,308 Posts

Thanks for your help!
Wish I could have been more help. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts