Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok there may have been a thread on this but i may have missed it I keep seeing on the the neck end of the D7 the two flaired out triangle parts the right side is shorter than the left. is there a way to correct this? other than that it looks great

·
Registered
258 Posts
What I did: I trimmed the longer side down a little until the neck could attach straight. Then I added plastic sheet shims on both sides to fill any gaps. You could also build up the shorter side with plastic sheet to match the longer one and then try to attach it that way.

- Cappy D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
That has been approached a number of ways. There are several threads, run a search for them both here and on the CultTVMan forum.

Haven't bought it yet myself, or I'd tell you more.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok after reading all the threads I've decided to just leave it alone it's really not that bad and no one here where I live is really picky about how things look

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually I didn't even need to cut the sides. Part of the flange that inserts into the hull is the problem. Or atleast thats what worked for me. I am at work so I can't remember or look at my other unbuilt kit to see which side. After that I just filled in any gaps and it looked pretty straight.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts