Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookings for some advice here, obviously.

This morning I went to boot one of our two computers and found that it wouldn't load. I replaced the power supply around six months or so ago so I don't think that is the problem. The CD drives won't open and the screen remains blank so I am fearing motherboard failure.

Enter the third computer, the one that someone gave me when he bought a mac.

The machine has an Asus P4s8x motherboard and an Intel Pentium 4, 2.5 gig processor. It had a drive with Win 2000 on it though and want to keep my larger drive with Win ME on it and all my files.

So I swapped drives.

Main problem is that when Internet Explorer is launched, it cannot access the internet (cannot find server). The only thing that has changed between my cable modem and its hub and the hard drive is, of course, the new motherboard which I know used to connect to the internet when its previous owner had it. Why is this? The Cat 5 cable goes into a connector on the motherboard, no nic card is used.

Any advice?

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
The NIC is resident on the motherboard. You'll need to download and install drivers for the particular motherboard to enable all its devices.

This looks like the one for the NIC.

Here is the full list of drivers for this board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts