Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fried my revtech 17.5. Stupid mistake, no fault of the motor at all. I figured since I needed a new one I would venture into a different motor company. I like the idea of the corally, thunder power, maybe a viper. I guess shuur motors and some other less known companies are great too. Looking for some input on which to run for oval, 1s. I will most likely run this on many different sized tracks and in blinky and boosted classes, so a well rounded motor is probably what I need. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Andrew

·
Registered
774 Posts
Evreryone has a favorite and think it is the best. I have had good luck and good service out of Fantom Motors. You might give them a try. They have a build sheet on their site and will build you a motor for whatever you need. Give them a call and see what they can do.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Had a suggestion on the D3.5 already. Would you say that the revtech and d3.5 are better than the TP? Someone suggested the tp with the high torque (blue?) rotor. Going to do some extra research on that d3.5 cause I didn't even know it was out lol thanks again!
Andrew

OH! and for the comment on fantom motors, I used to use them for brushed racing from time to time, great motors. I'll look into it thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After several messages with suggestions, went with Fantom's IonV.4. For those that don't know, that's a trinity d3.5 by fantom. Several people suggested the trinity d3.5 and I checked on Fantom's site and found some upgrades for it. Called Fantom and the customer service was fantastic. Couldn't have been happier with their help. Thanks for all the fast messages!
Andrew

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My Duo 3.5's are thumpers on the dyno. They don't get raced on the dyno though. We will just have to wait and see when we bolt them in the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts