Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a manual for TECHUMSEH 143.642022 serial # 40445 i believe it is a 12 hp engine horizontal shaft ,, has NO spark and when it did Spark last fall it back fired (out the carb and burned up the foam air cleaner filter) has now sat in my shop over the winter also has a ring like coil or stator under the fly wheel ,(can this be converted back to points and regular ignition) as the ring im speaking of is very hard if not impossible to locate ,either new or used ,i check the local shops often as well as the junk /salvage yards real well but so far no luck it seems as this ring thingy has some open wires showing like it was hit/ dingned. has 12 little coil windings for lack of better words, beat up some by someone other than me. you know that damn (NOT ME guy) that sneaks around, can any body help me to get spark in it again? i saw somplace that you could use a chrysler module and fabricate a pick up pin from a bolt and wind ,fine copper wire on a sewing machine bobbin and add a little tiny magnet to that and id get some spark enough to run this engine ?any one ever heard or know where i could buy this set up if nothing else would work ? id like to have this running soon as possible timbo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts