Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what has seemed an eternity the summer from hell is behind me. In May we found out we were expecting another child, but June brought news that was not to be. By the middle of July we were ready to roll again just to find out my 7 year old son had a tumor on his stomach. We ended canceling all plans for June, July and August. Well, after a BAD and emotional summer we are all doing well and are finally heading out for a vacation. The little guys have chosen Orlando. The 5 year old wants to do Sea World, The 7 year old wants to do Disney, The 14 year old wants to do Universal and Epcot, The wife wants to relax by the pool. (got all this lined up with no issue) We will be in Orlando from October 6th to the 14th.

Now this is where I need your help, because the 45 year old (me) wants to play/acquire, talk, see, race slots. Where and what are the must see slot things in Florida? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Pickeringtondad

·
Registered
806 Posts
Pickeringtondad- Not sure what is up in Orlando. I do know Larry Lype is due east of Orlando although I haven't been to his place. You are welcome to come down to my place (2 hours SE of Orlando) and race on my track (see gallery). I will be back from out of town the 10-14th and available on the 11th.
Jim

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Pickeringtondad, I'm very sad to hear about your trials and tribulations of this past summer. I hope the family vacation to Disney marks a turning point for a major upswing in your family situation. Hope you can make it to Richfield too.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.....

T-jetjim - would love to look you up, turn a few laps on that monster of a track. I'll send you a P.M. as the time gets closer.

AfxToo - We are all fine now and we just need a vacation to relax and get away (although I'm not sure how much relaxing we'll do with three kids and the wide eyed wonder that Disney/sea World and Universal will bring to the little ones). I'm planning on being at Richfield and may even take a ride to Strongsville just to get away from the wee ones for a couple hours.

Thanks to both of you for your kind words and thoughts. :wave:

Picktown.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Like any good dad and husband...

... You took a couple on the chin and held strong. Way to go Pick. :thumbsup: Have a blast in FLA and good luck with everything....

BTW: Better pack a 240ohm controller if your going to Tjet-tim's track. It looks like a big-un!!! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts