Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,I want to start a second Moebius 1/350 Seaview by weeks end.I painted my first Light Ghost Gray and I like it.I wish to paint my second a color with a bit more blue in it.If you can post a color sample and tell me a good color I can use in Testor Model Master Acryl it would be greatly appreciated.Thank You,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Hi Folks,I want to start a second Moebius 1/350 Seaview by weeks end.I painted my first Light Ghost Gray and I like it.I wish to paint my second a color with a bit more blue in it.If you can post a color sample and tell me a good color I can use in Testor Model Master Acryl it would be greatly appreciated.Thank You,Guy Schlicter.
You could try US Navy Blue-Grey, Intermediate Blue, or one of the German RLM Light Blues

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
looks like to my eye 50% duck's egg / 50% French Light Blue Gray or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Intermediate blue for the upper hull, duck egg blue for the bottom, oversprayed with semi-matt clearcoat should make for a real eye-catcher on your shelf!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could try US Navy Blue-Grey, Intermediate Blue, or one of the German RLM Light Blues
I have chosen German RLM 64 Light Blue.Ten years ago I bought a magazine that have some color photos of the 17 foot Seaview Miniature in a back yard being restored.On one of my later Seaviews I will use my imagination when I paint it.German light Blue 64 seems to be an almost perfect match for the actual Seaview Studio model and I the color,Guy Schlicter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts