Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local model show this weekend and saw a really neat diorama of the AMT Galileo 7 Shuttle. The fellow had placed the shuttle on a base surrounded by rock walls and stuff, and had modified the Cyclops from the Polar Lights Lost in Space kit to look like the monster in the Star Trek TOS episode where the Galileo 7 crash lands on an alien planet.

The Cyclops was modified with a burlap robe to resemble the character from the episode and positioned over the Galileo 7, ready to drop a boulder on the shuttle. Simple idea, but it really looked quite effective!

Huzz

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid not. I din't have a camera with me at the time.

There was also a nice build-up of the Polar Lights Phantom of the Opera kit. It was nicely done. Apparntly I am not the only fan of Polar Lights in this town!

Huzz

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
I have all the pieces for my Ultimate Shuttle Diorama, I just need to retire to have the time to do it:

The shuttle, landed, on a nice sound stage-looking base. Kirk, Spock and Checkov are standing outside the door looking at the natives who are approaching - three buxom 8-foot tall naked green women (Phoenix Phollies Amazon figures). Kirk has his hand on Checkov's arm, holding him back. It's titled "I'll handle this." :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
What, no orion women?

John P said:
I have all the pieces for my Ultimate Shuttle Diorama, I just need to retire to have the time to do it:

The shuttle, landed, on a nice sound stage-looking base. Kirk, Spock and Checkov are standing outside the door looking at the natives who are approaching - three buxom 8-foot tall naked green women (Phoenix Phollies Amazon figures). Kirk has his hand on Checkov's arm, holding him back. It's titled "I'll handle this." :D

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Shouldn't a vaguely-familiar looking guy in a red shirt be getting killed in there somewhere?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
John - how greedy is that Kirk guy. Three is enough for everybody!

Huzz
Yes, but Checkov is only "tventy too" :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
PhilipMarlowe said:
Shouldn't a vaguely-familiar looking guy in a red shirt be getting killed in there somewhere?

I think that he's already there, look on the ground lying face first in the dirt. He, tripped copming out of the shuttle!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I voted for it at last year's shoe despite those charming shiny rocks :) . I thought the concept was truly unique and inspired!

Thanks for posting the picture Rob!

Huzz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts