Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NE1 notice JL seems to be dieing off? Some stores stopped carring them. Others don't get them anymore. TRU around here has dropped shelve space to a couple pegs. I asked TRU what was going on? They said they just don't get them in that much. There seems to be more toppics on the Hobby Talk board about other things instead of JL. (Probally because there is NO JL to talk about).
NE1 else have any input? It just seems to be getting worse not better.

I just hate to see a good product go down like this. :cry:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Well, we just got in Holiday Classics and now, other than any older seroes we may decide to get additional of, that is it until December for new JL releases. It is hard to talk about new JL cars when there aren't any.

Some stores should be getting in the older releases that they missed which will help out the collector who doesn't/won't shop online, but those who do their shopping online will be in for a long dry spell until December... me included...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Last Saturday I was at Wal-Mart, and I actually found 4 cars that I had not seen before. Not only that, but they were 4 cars I was willing to buy! I was stunned! I never see much of anything except Poker cars and Coke cars. I got 2 Classic Golds, and 2 Road Trip cars. Before that, it's been months since I found anything.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
No product?

No product until December...
Is RC2 trying to create a pent-up demand due to JL withdrawl? :lol:
Or is the tractor business taking up their manufacturing capacity... :rolleyes:
I bet I need to read the National Enquirer to get the REAL scoop...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Well, we just got in Holiday Classics and now, other than any older seroes we may decide to get additional of, that is it until December for new JL releases. It is hard to talk about new JL cars when there aren't any.

Some stores should be getting in the older releases that they missed which will help out the collector who doesn't/won't shop online, but those who do their shopping online will be in for a long dry spell until December... me included...
Hey Rob,

I want a box of Holiday Classics but I can't find them on your site. Help!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
It may get worse before it gets better. I hope they open the flood gates after the first of the year.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
The whole format has me very nervous. I can't even sugar coat it. If older stock was making the pegs and shelves like they said was part of the plan to liquidate and then do a complete refresh, I could understand the direction of the plan but now I find nothing. Before was old and slow moving stock. I never thought I'd say this but old and slow moving stock is better than nothing.

I agree and mentioned it to Rob in an e-mail this A.M. about the board content. We are so starved at this point and those who want to talk have to place OT's up just to have something to look at.

The lack of activity, the direction of the "plan" and other correspondence I have received and now can't seem to get even a reply on a direct yes or no question has me feeling cold. If ever a bone was needed to be thrown, now is the time.

I did get another offer to buy LightningGirl Nomads. Offer number 6 I think? In my dealings, I can assure you I am as lost, frustrated and confused as the rest of you.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
The lack of activity, the direction of the "plan" and other correspondence I have received and now can't seem to get even a reply on a direct yes or no question has me feeling cold. If ever a bone was needed to be thrown, now is the time.
Something, even, just to show they care. Maybe they aren't exactly sure of dates and distribution, etc., but it sure would be nice to hear a word or two every now and then. They could have shut down operations the day after their "Wait till '07" announcement and we would never know. Not that it's that drastic, but it doesn't seem like it would take too tremendous of an effort to post an occasional message to let us know what's going on. We collectors may only be a small part of the big picture, but shouldn't the JLCC mean something?????

·
Registered
704 Posts
Right now its the collectors using online dealers moving any JL stock. RCErtl should embrace and love us. Most TRU/Target stores in the Seattle area with the exception of Wal-mart (which is getting old stuff destined to hang) have all but given up.

The story of 'waiting' till the stores catch up isn't sound buisness, most won't order or be able to move old stock (Hence why we got the great Learning Curve deals) so I am really curious as to how they expect to really do a big 'come back' after the first of the year...

Worried in Port Orchard...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Stock sucks to say the least has as long as I have been into JL's, board wise I mostly come to talk to you guys, I can't talk bout JL endlessly even if there was product out. I usually see it/order it here first anyway. The guys who can score stuff might notice a change not much will change here in dullsville, you can see the tumble weed blow right by the Poker releases which are priced a $1. higher than any new other JL release.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I can honestly say that upon my frequent visits to the toy aisle, it's rather depressing to see all the new donks, honks, dorks, drips, etc. that are the flavor of the week, and the old JLs just getting dustier and dustier.

Aside from myself and a few other frustrated collectors, I bet that not many other people other than us are even looking at those pegs. Enough evidence of that is that the stock level never changes, always the same tired stock.

Hopefully JLs will rebound once all this other crap dies off, but that may be a hope against hope. Add in the other directions they seem to be going in with the Monster Trucks and other lines, and it leaves even fewer resources to put into the regular line.

Is there enough general interest in the product to keep it going?

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
When we first heard of the announcement that RC2 was cleaning house and sending older release cars to retail, I for one, did see a surge in product at TRU and WM. That wave has passed. Will there be another? As has been mentioned, JL peg space has dwindled considerably, some places have only 2!

A second point: I would like to see a thread from any HT member that belongs to JLCC, and who qualifies for the membership buyout, who receives the letter from the club asking which option they choose. I want to see if RC2 will be true to its word. (I'm going for the free case of cars - who wouldn't?)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
A second point: I would like to see a thread from any HT member that belongs to JLCC, and who qualifies for the membership buyout, who receives the letter from the club asking which option they choose. I want to see if RC2 will be true to its word. (I'm going for the free case of cars - who wouldn't?)
How does one qualify for the buyout?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Do we have any clue when that next Newsflash will come out? The buyout deal comes out after that, correct? I'll be looking for the free case as well.

·
Registered
812 Posts
scrambler81 said:
Do we have any clue when that next Newsflash will come out? The buyout deal comes out after that, correct? I'll be looking for the free case as well.

I seem to remember reading that it would be out in November.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
brian_frey74 said:
i would have gone for the case of cars too...but my membership ends with newsflash #48.....

Speaking of which. I renewed that right before Fest.. I thought we were supposed to hear something from RC2 about making good on what we paid for a new membership?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts