Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a couple of tracks over this way (Beaver, Big Dog, maybe one or two more).

We're *trying* to get some racing going at N2Deep Raceways in Newton Falls, OH (just west of Youngstown) (exit 54 off of I-76).

We've tried a couple of events already, but there seems to be no interest in this area. I know spring/summer is mostly outdoor-racing season, but what would it take to attract you guys to an indoor carpet oval this time of year?

·
Racer
3,264 Posts
Realistically, how many racers even live that close to there? A track can't be relying only on travelers to support the place. Try to figure out what Big Dog did. Many/most of their dirt oval racers I think are new to r/c. They have huge turnouts. I have a feeling their success probably has a lot to do with advertising though. Either way, gotta find a way to get new racers and not just rely on guys driving from over an hour away.

Is their offroad program any kind of successful? Do they do road course? Just curious to know whether the place in general has a decent following or if the rest of it is struggling as well.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I know we can't *totally* rely on "traveling" racers. Part of the issue, I think, is, we are *just* the race track. Original plans were to have a shop and food and stuff at the track, but the owner didn't want to put that stuff in, until we started getting good crowds.

Right, there's no off-road (we took it down to set up the oval), and no on-road. The track is about an hour away for me, too, so it's kind of hard for me to get there at a decent hour during the week to do anything. It's really out in the middle of nowhere :-/

Keep the input coming, guys. Looking for suggestions to try and get y'all here :)

·
Banned
1,308 Posts
How big is the track????? I have pan cars ready to race. Lets keep the class cheap and make it brushed motors stock under 40.00 and 6.6 volt green bats under 50.00 esc under 50.00 complete car should be under 300.00 for a good one.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been told it's got a 168' run line.

If you have cars, bring 'em out (don't have a "next race" scheduled yet, but keep an eye on the Web site: n2deepraceways.webs.com). Three of anything'll make a class.

How 'bout if we go to Hooter's Tour classes as our "regular" classes, along with some "gearbox" classes? Something I was thinking about over the weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts