Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know how y'all feel about it but this should set a road course pressident. I advocated this since the first NASCAR Watkins Glenn. I belive....Correct me if I'm wrong....This was a first? And inspite of who you wanted to win, the decision lead to one heck of a finish.

The decision also proved NASCAR's don't melt in the rain. They DO get beat up a might. But like Urey said these guys have a hard enough time driving (this course) in the dry much less the rain. Experience in rain driving was equalized quickly by those less so. Be assured that would change if this was implimented for all NASCAR road courses. Dare I say all races?

I might even start going to more NASCAR events if I was assured it would happen that day rain or shine.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
it would have been better if a couple of drivers did not BON-ZI the corners...they would not have made the turn even if it was dry.

Carl got lucky

Chuck

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it would have been better if a couple of drivers did not BON-ZI the corners...they would not have made the turn even if it was dry.

Carl got lucky

Chuck

Makes you wonder how many's driven on the Interstate in the rain at rush hour? :rolleyes:

While there are reasons, on a road course, for a full course caution: ie oil slicks, tire disentergration that is strung out for a distance, etc. Many "incidents" could have been handled as a "caution at the point." The one that really ground my gears was the bumper bar laying on the edge of the track. Did it really take the corners workers at least two laps to retrieve that part? If so NASCAR needs to hire out SCCA workers. I know the full course caution bunches everyone back up and makes for those wonderful fender bangin' restarts. But the delays between the green were waaaaay too long. And the "caution breeds cautions" rule was well demonstrated Sunday. A caution at the incident would eleminate some of the devistation as well as the impact on the teams' pocketbook. This is somethng NASCAR needs to address in future road course events. Then NASCAR will continue to slap on the rain tires and maybe even carry it over to the big boys.

BUT.....They actually grabbed their nads and raced on a wet track! Now all the drivers have to do is excercise some common sense. :thumbsup:

Or was Marcus just real unlucky? "One man's cieling is another man's floor." :p

·
Banned
823 Posts
I thought it was cool and possibly a sign of things to come. There were alot of MAD NASCAR fans this year because of Rain, ex: races being postponed to Mondays. I live in the Pocono's so I have a track not more then 20 mins from me and the rains really hunt to races here. Just my input, thanks

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've PO'ed a lot of NASCAR fans over the years by saying "What good is a car you can't drive in the rain?" Just remember I've seen SCCA run at Charlotte Motor Speedway in a downpour. I've got all kinds of excuses from fans as well as people associated with some cars. None of which satisfy me. I wouldn't mind hearing good reasons pro and con voiced here. I'M FER IT!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm just bummed that Ambrose lost it at that final turn. At least he gave a comment...short but gave one...unlike that big cry-baby Kyle Busch who ran to his hauler

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm just bummed that Ambrose lost it at that final turn. At least he gave a comment...short but gave one...unlike that big cry-baby Kyle Busch who ran to his hauler

You could tell he was bummed. But he only blamed himself. He was the only one to blame. It was a great finish no matter who won.

Did you hear Edwards broke his foot playing Frisby? Yeah...I've been saying he was going to break an ankle or foot back flipping off those doors. This may be the end of that trick. Take it from someone who knows. Those bones never feel the same once they're fractured.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you hear Edwards broke his foot playing Frisby? Yeah...I've been saying he was going to break an ankle or foot back flipping off those doors. This may be the end of that trick. Take it from someone who knows. Those bones never feel the same once they're fractured.

its Karma dude....i dont recall him doing a backflip @ Montreal. May be skipping the flip cost him his foot. What i cannot figure out is how he was cleared to race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts