Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was researching for ideas for my Bel Air, I came upon a image of a drag version with a complete tipping front. Radical, and tempting. I decided to take that challenge. This is the result:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Paint is Tamiya gloss black, the red is Schmincke Aero Color airbrush acrylic. After the bare metal work I covered all with AK crystal gloss and polished to a shine. I especially love the wheels. They come from a custom model supplier www.scaleproduction.com. The rims are precision turned aluminum, the spokes come ready to paint in resin. Including the rubber tires they cost just 20€. In that room behind the spokes I could place disc brakes.

I replaced the plastic grill with metal grid and tossed the fat bumper for a slim one from my parts box.

Mind-tangling was finding the sweet-spot to hinge the hood. In the end, the alignment missed by only about a millimeter.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

The interior was stripped for weight and speed. The back bench gave way for a serious roll bar.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy Bumper Vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Auto part

The engine I have introduced in an earlier thread. Many kit parts I had to replace for that drag feeling and look. Some parts I had to build from scrap, like the brake booster.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

The undercarriage needed some adapting, since the molded on exhaust system was´t necessary. I gave the suspension more detail and added the brake lines.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

In real life on a drag strip or as a model, this could be one of my favorites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts