Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What number do you think?One should call. To see if a QSAC link could be put on NASCAR.com

New York
One Time Warner Center
19th Floor
NY, NY 10019

Atlanta
1050 Techwood Drive
Building 1000
Atlanta, GA 30318

Los Angeles

1888 Century Park East
12th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
310-788-6767

Chicago

180 North Stetson Ave
Suite 2700
Chicago, IL 60601-6722
312-729-5900

Detroit
201 West Big Beaver
Suite 930
Troy, MI 48084
E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks ED

·
Round & round we go!
684 Posts
Maybe try calling one of those numbers & see if they could direct you in the right direction. You'd think that they (nascar.com) would have this info. where it could be viewed, but its not. I know your not picking, just want to help. I mean how cool would it be to see QSAC on nascar.com. :thumbsup:

JAMMIN

That did not help.Not picking on you.
Where do you think the numbers came from?Sometimes it is better to make the call.Then just send an e-mail.

ED

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe try calling one of those numbers & see if they could direct you in the right direction. You'd think that they (nascar.com) would have this info. where it could be viewed, but its not. I know your not picking, just want to help. I mean how cool would it be to see QSAC on nascar.com. :thumbsup:

JAMMIN
I called Nascar.I am waiting for an e-mail or return phone.

ED

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Man it would be nice to get on there website but I don't think a non profit organization like QSAC will be able to aford a money hungry organization like nascar who knows what they would charge for a little spot on there web site but good luck guys

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Man it would be nice to get on there website but I don't think a non profit organization like QSAC will be able to aford a money hungry organization like nascar who knows what they would charge for a little spot on there web site but good luck guys
I agree......I'm sure our jaws would hit the ground!!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
what about local nascar tracks websites in the area of qsac?
such as lvms.com or phoenix (they might be a little more affordable)
just a thought

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
The way nascar's ratings have dropped, I wouldn't be suprised if they contacted QSAC for a spot....haha.

Seriously though, I think Nascar is out of reach funding wise. It never hurts to ask but expect a "no thank you."

Now "Speed" or the "Outdoor channel" might be within QSAC's bank account?

The one thing about Wind Tunnel, they will accept painted up cars to be placed around or on the host desk. Don't expect to get the ride back, but a nicely painted up car and chassis with QSAC logos on it would be advertisement!

The OutDoor Channel has a RC weekly show... or did a couple years back. They will film races and do interviews at no cost just to have material for their shows.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Will
I am looking into nascar.I did get an e-mail from them.Like they said they would.I gave them the QSAC website URL
For your local track.What is the name your cable provider?How hard is it to to call them.To get info on what the calbe rate is.For a commerical.
I am not picking on you or any one.

Just say you have 30 guys racing.You get 5 or 10 bucks extra.From each member to cover cost.The same could be done for all tracks and QSAC.Not sure why QSAC needs to cover everything.But On the QSAC side they are a profit organization.There could be a discount for the advertizing or a commerical.

I am not a QSAC member.But i am taking the time.To check things out.Now what happens if all of the QSAC members.Make a call or two.
Then find the guys out there.That are not QSAC members but race in playgrounds or parking lots.If you could bring them on board.Membership will grow.
Someone might have to listen to their concerns.Or the thought of helping them with setups.Then the most important part. Don't look down at them.Go out of your way to help them.If they beat you that's great.The guy will be back.

Its a hobby.

I will keep doing things on my end to help.

ED:wave::cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am trying to get the word out.

I have sent an e-mail to event person at Summit Racing to see If QSAC could set up a display at thier headquarters in Akron,Ohio. which is an awesome place for any race enthusist to visit,it is minutes away from Freddies Hobbies track. They support racing of all kind. They are a nationally known racing organization. Just think if we could put the qsac name next to an racing organization like that. Of course i would need the support of the Akron area locals,and some support from QSAC itself. I am thinking we could display cars,show some videos & photos pass out some flyers. Summit Racing sells stuff that can be used in Quarter Scale NGK plugs,1/4" rod ends,racing fuel cans and anything would need to get your vehicle or trailer to the track. Maybe there are other racing organizations we can contact. You know like start from the bottom and work our way up.Nascar may listen with other organizations on board. I hope something good comes of this. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts