Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was incensed when I saw on Speed TV that Alan Kulwiki "won" the Nextel Cup at Phoenix. When Alan won this race, I don't think there was even a "Nextel"?? It was the Winston Cup, plain and simple. I guess by NASCAR standards, ($$$$$) Dale Sr. NEVER won a Winston Cup Race??

I just think credit should be given where credit is due, not what is "LIBERAL" correct.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
JB,

I see several articles written on this subject and refer to the old 'PRE NEXTEL DAYS' simply as Nascar's Premier Series unless it was 'Pre WINSTON', then it was the "GRAND NATIONAL" series.

On the same note...over the past few years if I were involved in the A/B Brewing Company, I'd be pissed that when the BUSCH GRAND NATIONAL series is mentioned....way too often it's simply referred to as "The Grand National Series" and the sponsor doesn't get their PROPS....where the drivers refer to it as "The BUSCH Series" and they wonder why A/B is leaving as title sponsor.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
JB said:
I was incensed when I saw on Speed TV that Alan Kulwiki "won" the Nextel Cup at Phoenix. When Alan won this race, I don't think there was even a "Nextel"?? It was the Winston Cup, plain and simple. I guess by NASCAR standards, ($$$$$) Dale Sr. NEVER won a Winston Cup Race??

I just think credit should be given where credit is due, not what is "LIBERAL" correct.
That isn't unique to NASCAR, it's the same with most sports that
carry title sponsors.

Plus, it really isn't a NASCAR thing as much as it is a TV thing.
Even at a race, let's just say the Hobbytalk 400, if Hobbytalk
doesn't pony up additional dollars, the TV people will only
give you X many "mentions". :rolleyes:
If you want them to say "Hobbytalk 400" everytime they "mention"
the race..... it's pay up buddy....

·
Registered
269 Posts
One more thing. If they talked about the 1992 championship it happened at Atlanta in final showdown when he edged Bill Elliott by 10 little points. Unless they wanted to talk about a particular race sponsored by Winston.

Stephane Courchesne
Drummond,Quebec (Canada)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts