Hobbyist Forums banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just noticed these at Target the other day. They had 2018 Wave 10, so I picked up the six Ford Fusions from that batch. Very nicely detailed with awesome tampos. I've never been into modern NASCAR, but since I like pretty much all other types of car racing I just might give it a chance...

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
Welcome to a new collecting race series. NASCAR Cup is switching from the Fusion to Mustang this year and there is alot of driver and sponsor changes made as well.

Your are right about the tampoes of course - with their level of detail and complexity that is awesomely depicted on each casting.

They have finally started producing some Martn Truex Jr castings in their line up now - so I will be looking for him and Chase Elliott in 2019.

:cheers2:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to a new collecting race series. NASCAR Cup is switching from the Fusion to Mustang this year and there is alot of driver and sponsor changes made as well.

Your are right about the tampoes of course - with their level of detail and complexity that is awesomely depicted on each casting.

They have finally started producing some Martn Truex Jr castings in their line up now - so I will be looking for him and Chase Elliott in 2019.

:cheers2:
Switching to Mustangs? That's all you had to say! Now I'm interested even more.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
I noticed at least one other casting (cant remember the driver, but it was red in body color and lettering IIRC) with the 2019 schedule card included behind the casting. The card back also doesnt include a Wave photo. The fine print are the various liscensing agreements for the individual drivers, car brands and other related sponsors. English on top and French below.

2019 NASCAR Authentics Wave 2 Daytona 500 Special Edition Chase Elliot #9 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2019 NASCAR Authentics Wave 2 Daytona 500 Special Edition Chase Elliot #9 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
476 Posts
waiting for the Cup series Mustangs to start hitting, all the Ford Cup drivers I can find are still in the Fusion.

Of course since Chase is my boy I collect all his cars I find too, Bill was my favorite driver when I was a kid so naturally Chase is my favorite now

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I am still uncertain on the mini ones. Maybe if I had started on them from the beginning. Lately, I have been trying to find the Funny Cars that sneak in every now and then.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Firstly, I found out Motorsports Authentics made a complete Talladega Nights Ricky Bobby set! Must have!!!!

So it seems Alaska gets about every third or fourth wave. Grocery store still has 2018 on pegs, and a few 2019 wave 1, 2. Then Walmart got 2019 wave 6 a few months ago. Today, they had wave 11.

Got these two because they are fun:
Bubba Wallace 2019 U.S. Air Force Warthog with Die-cut Magnet
William Byron 2019 Hendrick Autoguard Throwback with Plastic Hood

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Better collect them before these drivers all lose their sponsors during the iRacing...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Out of the blue, wave 1 of 2020 hit my Walmart. New package designs. I got the 43 Bubba Wallace Victory Junction throwback car. Wave 2 will have a Dale Jr. car. How long has he been retired?

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
I am still picking up the Chase Elliot castings and there have been a few Martin Truex Jr cars showing up now. But still far and few between. Havent seen a Dale Jr since last year but yeah its been 3 years since he retired. Is it an IRacing casting?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Oh boy! They had better make the Jimmie Johnson green car from last night's Coca Cola 600! And a few of the other special editions as well.

Haven't seen a funny car in a while, but Racing Champions started doing funny cars (looks like the same casting), so NASCAR/Lionel Authentics may be sticking to NASCAR.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts