25,993 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
In this case I would say yes. All of my NASCAR Authentics carry both the Lionel Racing and Racing Collectible Club of America logos on the card back. I dont have a 2016/2017 Action Racing Collectible box, but my Dale Ernhardt Jr 88 car from 2015/2016 has both logos as well.

I know it is hard to follow the referenced article, but to me it is the driver/sponser liscensing agreements that still maintain the seperations. Some of those are under the NASCAR Authentics line which was the Winners Circle line by Hasbor/Action Racing Collectibles and the others from Racing Champions line by Action Productions/Action Racing Collectibles lines.

My understanding is that TOMY bought some of the liscensing from Action Racing Collectibles and that line is dormant now. (I think those were the older NASCAR drivers and sponsers from the '60s and '70s, but I cant confirm at this point.) It maybe that TOMY bought all the rights and Action Racing Collectibles just started over again.

At about the same time Winners Circle merged into Racing Champions and was eventually bought by Lionel. This creates a direct line all the way back to RCCA

Hope that makes sense if you think of all of them now being from Lionel Racing.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
So, I was catching up on the 2017 cars, and I saw that there were 56 "Bonus wave cars" What the heck? No pictures, just a list of 6 Bonus Waves. Never saw or heard of one ever.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
We got a flood of cars over the last month. Waves 9, 10, and 11 all kind of popped up at once. I saw that there is a Wave 88 that is all Dale Jr., but I doubt it will get up here to Alaska.

Believe it or not, 2018 waves are being announced. Good Daytona 500 and good to see the new cars and drivers in person.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Had to buy the wave 88 online. Very cool cars to end a great era for Dale Jr. I am glad he got out when he did safely.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Saw the 2018 Wave 1 cars. Nothing too exciting, but I got the 88 Bowman. Looks like there will be a Dale Jr. in the next wave? But he's retired.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Glad to see they are still making new cars. I have been focusing on the funny cars and a few others. Got to get the 43 STP for sure.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts