Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Manning said:
Wonder what's going to be in it.......... :thumbsup:
For me this is the $64000 question. Can anyone remember what the JL cars were referred to? If they were called stockers and these are called nascars that would suggest we will be getting proper color schemes...:p

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
NASCAR / Stocker Bodies

Manning, Those are scheduled for release sometime this winter. Montoya, I'm sure you're familiar with all the 'Stocker' bodies Afx had, well those are bodie of cars that ran in NASCAR in the 70's. A couple of these bodies are already made (Chevelle Stocker,Javelin, Acme Stocker{ which is a Roadrunner}, and the 71 Charger which is coming very soon, as you saw). Though I'm not a big NASCAR (or other racing fan), I hope this will come to fruition, though licensing will probably be a HUGE hurdle...........And I hope R2 will make more of the Vintage Stocker bodies (Mercury, Matador, Thunderbird, etc).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Licensed stock cars (current and vintage) will be out in late 2007. Working on licensing now. Lifelike has a lot of current drivers but not exclusively.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
tlowe said:
Licensed stock cars (current and vintage) will be out in late 2007. Working on licensing now. Lifelike has a lot of current drivers but not exclusively.
Fantastic news! Not so keen on the vintage stuff but the current stuff will rock. Mr Lowe is correct, there are some (strange) gaps in the Walthers/LifeLike line-up.

Hopefully the Toyota Camry will be done?

dw

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I take Mr. Lowe's "exclusively" comment to mean that LifeLike has licensed cars and paint schemes of current drivers but other companies can also license them. It sounds like there are at least two tiers of licenses to work through -- NASCAR and the individual drivers and/or teams.

In any case, I'm very happy to hear of progress in this area and I'm confident that this will be a success.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
tlowe said:
Tom any Chance we will see some new bodies for the Vintage :)

Will the NASCARS be for the XT or TJET Chassis.

Oh and old Smokey Hughes says to say hello, he has been a color commentator on the HOTV reports :)

Roger Corrie

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liscencing anything these days has got to be a pain in the posterior...... I appreciate the effort involved with such a project.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I hope Tom gets all the liscencing he needs to do this.

DOingthe NASCARS is an awesome move from a business standpoint.COnsidering how popular the sport is,this will introduce a LOT of folks to slot car racing.

And the more that Tom sells the more new stuff us guys that have been in it for the long haul will continue to see.

I sure hope it all works out!!!!!!

Mike

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
TK Solver said:
I take Mr. Lowe's "exclusively" comment to mean that LifeLike has licensed cars and paint schemes of current drivers but other companies can also license them. It sounds like there are at least two tiers of licenses to work through -- NASCAR and the individual drivers and/or teams.
Yeah, I missed what Tom meant at first. Seems he can do the same cars as LL. He should concentrate on the GM cars as this is by far their weakest, most blobby body. Their Fusion and (especially) Charger are pretty sharp, but then I guess many folks would buy both.

I wonder who will have a Camry out first?

From what I have been told by Scalextric, F1 is the dearest license (by a long, long way) but Nascar is the most work as you have to get seperate approval from so many parties and each may ask to see (and reject) mock-ups.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts