Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Parts

I have one of the front axles laying in a box at home. Don't know about the availability of anything else. I think this was a wide car as opposed to todays narrow superspeedway types.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Oh my!

RCThunder said:
Composite Craft Lynx.... back in the early 90's my parents bought me one from Tower for $399! OUCH!
Not only is Mike correct but that appears to be a mostly if not all original car all the way down to the useless plastic wing mounts and the never(well, maybe hardly) used original center shock. Some people today still use the aluminum turnbuckles though. I still have a few pieces of one of those around somewhere as once upon a time that car was totally state of the art. I was just yesteday talking about that car with a friend of mine. You should have seen the narrow LTO chassis for that car that completely filled the body with carbon fiber. Wonder where The Davis brothers are now? Hmm? Composite craft in the early days was known as D and D graphite before Tim Morton of TRC came along. All are just r/c history now.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I had a composite craft ground effects chassis for my first trip to the whip. I remember guys running those cars at our track back in 92, but I think it was the lynx 2 elite. I know Scott @ Scotts Hobbies in Branford FL has several old cars and parts.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I've also got plenty of the frontend beams with different off-sets for the king pins.I've also got some wide Bolink bodies -new (TOJ,Nissan GTP,Porsche 962 and R&Smark3).Also got plenty of new foam tires-Bolink.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
That LTO chassis looks like the wide LTO car...Its hard to tell in the pic because the LTO chassis and the LTOSS chassis were the same design with different widths... BUT the LTOSS kit had a different TOP shock tower plate.. It had Batwings that come off of it for body mounts..

Ive still got like 2 or 3 of these cars.. I have the regular elite car, then the elite2 with LTO wide chassis, the the SS narrow lto car....

I liked the rear sway bar, and there was a teflon dampening kit you could buy for the center pivot ball. it had an adjuster on it for preload.. it beat using damper tubes.. lol//

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have one even older than that a VIPER PRO 10!!!!!! Nice Lynx though it definately looks like an original. Good shape too.

John

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, had just finished refurbing the wide LTO... the narrow SS model is on the bench now for refurb. Have a T-bird in Havoline colors autographed by Davey Allison to fit the SS.

I'll post pics here first when it's done before releasing it for display at the local Hobby shop.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
THE DARKSIDE said:
That Narrow Lynx II was a stout ride in it's day....
Well not for very long, I ran it at roar nats in 1992 BUT I seem to recall the HYPERDRIVE H10RS coming out around that time.. because Hyperdrive was there and helping all the guys that had them.. On banked and concrete that was usually the car to have.. The SS associated car never really caught on..

What a disaster that race was for me...LOL... I could never get that body/car to work right. I broke everything that weekend.. :drunk:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts