Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car from a guy that never raced it. I bought it because there was supposed to be a local track opening. It never happened and the car has been a shelf queen ever since. It is time to part with it now, but I don't know much about it and was hoping someone might now it's history. The car was engineered, I think, by a 1:1 scale guy. It has a "Watts type" rear suspension,
offset engine, all captured rod ends, and all the nylon is dyed purple. The condition is as new no marks or scratches. Any information on this car will be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[Engine is a .12 novorossi

QUOTE=ScottH;3070071]I have no idea what that is. But is looks very interesting.

Any idea what size engine that is? With that tuned pipe it should be a BEAST![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have no earthly idea what that car is, but it does look awfully interesting. when you find out, let us know, okay?

Tim "Coyote"

·
Registered
351 Posts
That could be a Wood, as in Wood Brothers, car. I've heard they made some cool stuff in the late '90s, but I never saw any of it myself. I know it had that type of front suspension and had a central mounted engine with a tuned pipe.

Sam

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This confirms what I was told when I bought the car!! I was told it was one of 5 built by the Woods Brothers from Nascar. I Had never heard this before so I was weary of the story. Thanks for your help. It is for sale so if anyone is interested, PM me with an offer!!

That could be a Wood, as in Wood Brothers, car. I've heard they made some cool stuff in the late '90s, but I never saw any of it myself. I know it had that type of front suspension and had a central mounted engine with a tuned pipe.

Sam

A

·
0 Posts
kind of looks like a touring car design the way the motor, fuel tank, and muffler are sitting on the side of the chassis. Looks too good to be a pan car.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Only Car built with the independent Swing arm rear pod was the Woods cars. They were said to be ILLEGAL by Roar at King SS because of the Pod design. I didn't see the nitro version but did see the Electric version at a couple of races, never seen it run. Some Old BSR caps there, I bet they are hard as bricks!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Robin Nelson needs to look at these pics. I have raced againt him with Mr. Wood there tuning these cars, don't remember them looking quite like this.

·
Registered
555 Posts
TRC made that car around 1995 before Trinity bought them out. When i used to run for TRC i had some conversations with the owner Tim Morton about that car and got the entire front end to make a dirt oval car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts