Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this lot from my local online auction site on sunday, and they arrived yesterday.We can all recognise the Corgi Batmobile and a bunch of Corgi Juniors.
But I bought this lot for all of the other cars - the Fiat Dino, the Lancia Fulvia and the Le Mans racers. All are made sometime between 1971-75, all are the same brand, and all feature that brand´s trademark seated drivers. Can you name that brand????

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Closeups as requested - due to low batteries and exceedingly grey skies I must apologise for the less than crisp pix.These are bigger than Penny, and both small scale and close to 1/43 were numbered in the same range.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder if they ever made it to the US...never seen'em.
I believe that they did, because they have been discussed on the ´tales of toy cars´ US website.
This is actually rather difficult to guess because the company name is not on the toys so even if you have seen them you may not know who made them.Only the casting name, the legend ´made in Hong Kong´and product number T2xx - T being the first letter of the company brand name

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tomica or something along those lines. I found one at a yard sale some years back. Gonna have to dig it out to see. By the way great cars.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Marx doesn't start with a T either, and those GT's look similar to some Marx bodies I've noticed in the last couple of weeks in various places.

Not shiny enough to be Aurora.

You got my interest piqued...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These castings finished their 10-15 year production life inside Kinder maxi eggs in europe in the 1980s fitted with one piece speedwheels.However the company that made them used the names TinToys and Tins Toys at different times - the key to identify them is the T2xx or T3xx product number, sometimes prefixed by a W on the final issues and the made in Hong kong legend. You can read more about this range which took on Playart, Zylmex and Yatming back in the 1970s for the quality budget market......here http://www.breithaupts.com/totc400.htm

·
Registered
674 Posts
Now I do recognize that teal green camper truck in the background, your copy is much nicer than my well loved flea market find Huskey. Not exactly common around these parts. Love that wrecker truck too!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now I do recognize that teal green camper truck in the background, your copy is much nicer than my well loved flea market find Huskey. Not exactly common around these parts. Love that wrecker truck too!
Those Ford campers are rare everywhere in the world when painted teal with the disc wheels,and mine is a sticker base Corgi Juniors which is rarest of all issues.Its a nice casting with a good selection of backs (tow truck and tower wagon as well) and a good range of colours....Most common is the yellow Husky followed by the dark blue Husky and the red Corgi Juniors with wide wheels........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts