Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Steve,
This model was a challange to finish and have it still look interesting because of the overall green camo scheme. I used various shades of green paint to highlight random panels on the uppersurfaces to represent some paint fading. I also used some careful airbrush work to blend in the decals to better match the fading I did on the uppersurfaces.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks walsing and John!

Painting/weathering models is the part of model building I enjoy the most, its a chance to add a bit of life to a blob of plastic.

Agentsmith
Stunning 'blob of plastic' Agentsmith!:p :thumbsup::thumbsup: Methinks we really enjoy looking at the results of what you enjoy-- your painting and weathering is just incredible at times, and as John P. notes, very inspirational for us-- Thanks also, for the excellent photography, that shows it all so very well. Decals really look like they were painted on.

I'll have to do a little research on the Geico-- are those machine gun barrels protruding behind the canopy? Oh yeah!-- Thanks also for 'the proof', if you will, of how well the Tamiya tape works on that canopy-- looks like real metal framing!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments on my work Phillip1 and Schwinnster!

If you liked the weathering on this model you will really like whats coming up next, its a 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9 and will get some extra heavy weathering of an aircraft operated on the Eastern front in 1945.

Yes those are weapons pointing upwards on the rear fuselage, the Nakajima would fly under and to the rear of its victims...many bombers crews never knew what hit them.

By the way, the Nakajima was known as the Gekko, not Geico. I was joking around!:drunk:

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Cro-Magnon Man!

Here is one more pic of this model...

I found a standing Japanese pilot figure in one of my other Tamiya kits and have spent a little time cleaning it up and getting ready for painting, I want to finish the pilot figure and use it in a few more pics of the Nakajima.

Agentsmith

1 - 20 of 22 Posts