Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, TNN was having a NG marathon. I was watching the episode where they came across an old style probe, Data went onboard, found these people, from earth, in suspended animation, brought them back to the ship,got cured, Picard starts talking about Romulans, etc, etc etc (pre borg if you ask me).

Well, there is this scene where Troy is talking to this woman about how she can find her family (now this is where I get to the point)and in the background, is a model of the Enterprise A... and I was not sure I could believe what I was seeing but the Nacelles were on backwards! They had the entire engine drive on backwards.

"Naw", I said to myself. But they showed that shot again and there it was!

For those who have this on dvd, check it out and let me know if what I saw was waaaaay off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
You are right. I saw that when the episode first aired. I also like looking at the build-ups on Ebay. You'd be surprised how many people put parts on wrong. There was even a Reliant with the roll bar backwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D :D Ok, so I was not seeing things!!! I figured of all shows, how could they have done something like that!:eek:

Still, it's good to get confirmation on this!!

Thanks jtwaclawski!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Oxidation Genius
Joined
·
31,220 Posts
jtwaclawski said:
...There was even a Reliant with the roll bar backwards.
And THAT was on the cover of Fine Scale Modeler!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
John P said:


And THAT was on the cover of Fine Scale Modeler!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
My history of the Movie Enterprise studio model in the CultTVman book was going to have a mention of that silver AMT kit with the backwards nacelles, but that segment didn't make the edits. In the earlier episodes, I don't recall it as having the engines on backwards, so I think it was a case of some wag on the series having a little fun with us. It was built at a time when the Stargazer almost became a Constitution class ship, because the producers were originally planning to reuse the Enterprise studio model. In fact there are a handful of first season episodes with the model in Picard's ready room. But Greg Jein did an all new model based on the ready room Stargazer that Probert and Sternbach made, so that became the Constellation class Stargazer and the silver AMT model ultimately wound up as set dressing in other rooms. I think in that same final season episode, a built and painted AMT Enterprise D also made an appearance in one of the rooms.

In the 3rd Season TNG episode "Booby Trap", another AMT E-A was seen in the holographic simulation of the Utopia Planitia office. This one was white, had no window parts installed in the saucer and had the engines on sideways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,246 Posts
So, if the nacelles are on backwards on a ship, does that mean that it can go backwards, really really fast? Would it have that annoying "beep beep" sound the whole way? And would there be a rearview mirror on the navigator console?

So many questions....

José
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,335 Posts
Jay Chladek said:
My history of the Movie Enterprise studio model in the CultTVman book was going to have a mention of that silver AMT kit with the backwards nacelles, but that segment didn't make the edits. In the earlier episodes, I don't recall it as having the engines on backwards, so I think it was a case of some wag on the series having a little fun with us. It was built at a time when the Stargazer almost became a Constitution class ship, because the producers were originally planning to reuse the Enterprise studio model. In fact there are a handful of first season episodes with the model in Picard's ready room. But Greg Jein did an all new model based on the ready room Stargazer that Probert and Sternbach made, so that became the Constellation class Stargazer and the silver AMT model ultimately wound up as set dressing in other rooms. I think in that same final season episode, a built and painted AMT Enterprise D also made an appearance in one of the rooms.

In the 3rd Season TNG episode "Booby Trap", another AMT E-A was seen in the holographic simulation of the Utopia Planitia office. This one was white, had no window parts installed in the saucer and had the engines on sideways.
There was also a TOS Shuttlecraft in Riker's quarters in one episode. I also want to say there was a Constitution, but don't recall for certain.

In ST:VI, what appears to be an 18" TOS Enterprise is in Kirk's cabin, too. Not that the shuttle or the 18" kit have anything to do w/the refit 'E', obviously. Just thought I'd mention it since the E-D was brought up... :D

-------------

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards
Last Updated 31 August, 2002!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Griffworks said:
There was also a TOS Shuttlecraft in Riker's quarters in one episode. I also want to say there was a Constitution, but don't recall for certain.

Jeffrey Griffin

I have apicture here somewhere that shows Troi sitting down with the TOS Shuttlecraft in the background. I was reading somewhere that is was the original that they used in the old Episodes. But I am not confirming that. Probably on the IDIC page if anywhere. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,046 Posts
jtwaclawski said:
There was even a Reliant with the roll bar backwards.
I built one of my 24 reliants with the roll bar backwards just for the heck of it. I kind of like the forward sweptness of the rollbar that way myself. But I'm wierd to begin with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
As I recall that particular model was painted silver. I remember seeing that when it first aired, and wasn't sure if they were making a joke or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Tholian said:
I have apicture here somewhere that shows Troi sitting down with the TOS Shuttlecraft in the background. I was reading somewhere that is was the original that they used in the old Episodes. But I am not confirming that. Probably on the IDIC page if anywhere. :wave:
It was the partially restored 22" filming miniature.
There are a couple of pics on the IDIC page and several great photos on Phil Broad's website.
 

·
Starship Class
Joined
·
11,820 Posts
^^That's right! The hatch is missing on the shuttlecraft. What scale is 22"? 1/12?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Chuck_P.R. said:
It was the partially restored 22" filming miniature.
There are a couple of pics on the IDIC page and several great photos on Phil Broad's website.
What is the Web Site URL for Phils site? Not familiar with that. :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top