Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was taking a couple of pics so thought I would share...

Lightning Fest 2003 Dinner Car

White Lightning Batmobile

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
A little story on that casting.

I was told it couldn't be made several times. I Kept pushing until I got an OK. The original idea was for the casting to include a possible white paint job, white interior, white rims etc. All got shot down for one reason or another. Jeff Koch then thought we might be able to get some cool cerise body molding stripes added. Didn't get that either. Then Jeff went to bat for a white interior, white chassis and numbered. That was the way we all kinda thought it would be knowing that the car was blistered so many parts would not be seen and we needed something visable outside the box to be white.

It didn't quite come out that way so to make up for it Jeff, Tom L and the guys came up with the all white '32 Ford as a surprise. That's how and why the Surprise Car was born. Sometimes things don't work out but the end result more than makes up for it.

Jeff Koch should get a lot of credit for that concept and carrying it out.:thumbsup:

Mark

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice pics! I have a version of that car too, but it doesn't have the nice white bottom. ;)

Too bad JL wasn't able to do the 1955 Lincoln Futura version of the Batmobile as well. :(

I was digging through some of the old cars I had as a kid awhile ago and found an old Corgi version of the Futura Batmobile. It still had some sand between the wheels...

Attached are some pics of it next to the JL Classic Gold Release 18 Futura

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts