Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track owner CJ Jones posted on his FaceBook page today:

"Well it's getting crappy out so it's time to open n2deep rc raceway up again everyone let me no your thoughts I think next wed and Thursday for now it will open for open practice. Beginning October 10, 2012, N2Deep Raceways will have open practice on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Race schedule to be determined."

Classes have yet to be determined.

We'll get the Web site updated with correct phone numbers :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Track owner CJ Jones posted on his FaceBook page today:

"Well it's getting crappy out so it's time to open n2deep rc raceway up again everyone let me no your thoughts I think next wed and Thursday for now it will open for open practice. Beginning October 10, 2012, N2Deep Raceways will have open practice on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Race schedule to be determined."

Classes have yet to be determined.

We'll get the Web site updated with correct phone numbers :)
K, let's drag some dirt in there. Or at least put down some Ozite to make on road interesting. Just lay some of the looper rug down around the jumps; if you insist on running offroad on it this season. I recommend Berber, keeps everything comfortable under foot.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K, let's drag some dirt in there. Or at least put down some Ozite to make on road interesting. Just lay some of the looper rug down around the jumps; if you insist on running offroad on it this season. I recommend Berber, keeps everything comfortable under foot.:tongue:
It's not all up to me; it's CJ's track. I'm just trying to help get people out *to* the track.

As far as on-road goes, again, it's not up to me. Racers will need to show up. Post your feelings/comments on the track's FaceBook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ntwo.deepraceways

Again, the track is currently open on Wednesday/Thursday nights for *off-road* practice. Some older photos (from this past spring/summer) are posted on the track's Web site: http://n2deepraceways.webs.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
B3 gearbox CCS car

Please let CJ know I've tried to call and email about getting his EDM going but I never got a response? The best thing would be to send it to me so I can finish it.

Thanks, Tim
CCS

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's not all up to me; it's CJ's track. I'm just trying to help get people out *to* the track.

As far as on-road goes, again, it's not up to me. Racers will need to show up. Post your feelings/comments on the track's FaceBook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ntwo.deepraceways

Again, the track is currently open on Wednesday/Thursday nights for *off-road* practice. Some older photos (from this past spring/summer) are posted on the track's Web site: http://n2deepraceways.webs.com
Unfortunatley, it doesn't work like that. I wish it did. But what you have to do is decide what kind of track you want and build that; stick to your guns, do it good, then people will show up.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Track owner CJ Jones says: "OFF-ROAD racing (indoor carpet) starting back up, next Sunday, November 25th. Doors open at 10:00am, racing starts at 12 noon!"

·
Registered
243 Posts
Its funny. People complain about having no place to run thats close, yet wont show up to support the track that is open and close.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
As far as I know yesterday, they are. I am going. Hope the turn out is good
Its funny. People complain about having no place to run thats close, yet wont show up to support the track that is open and close.
Kinda happens when a track just up and decides to not open its doors for a whole summer. People don't want to drive an extra 30 min for a "as far as I know" answer to if the doors are locked or not. And who races on Sunday? The rest of the tracks in NE Ohio are closed on Sunday because no one shows up...

Yes its a super nice facility, yes a good time is always had when racing there, yes I find the carpet a nice mix up from dirt... Will I come race on Sunday? Probably not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yah man. It's a nice place you guys have up there! Maybe committing to on-road would be your best bet? E-scale and pro4 is where it's at as far as off road goes and that set doesn't want to run on carpet. I know I don't want to run on carpet, and I have 5 off road cars sitting on my bench and nothing to do on Sunday but nurse a hangover.....Also, if I was the one who's ass was on the line as far as the building goes, I wouldn't want the hassle of trucking in tons of dirt to only to have a few racers show up...I hope you guys can figure it out!

·
Registered
243 Posts
It was nice to have 8 show up last weekend. Hopefully more come this weekend! I know carpet may not be the ideal surface for offroad, but if our vehicles are sitting on a shelf doing nothing, thats money well spent! (sarcasm) I am a much bigger fan of dirt too, but its still a blast running. Its about having fun, the main purpose of the hobby. So come on out and run. I could only think continued and consistent support by showing up would go a longer way to getting dirt compared to doing nothing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
it's fun to run carpet offroad. at the same time i have carpet cars that would love some road course time. with carpet being so close to me, it seems soo far away being that the carpet that is available is for off road.:(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts