Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen those graffiti N scale cars at wal-mart on the die-cast aisle? i think they were $6 or 7. they had them all on the clearance aisle tonight for $1 each. ours had 4 diff designs so we bought one of each. they're die-cast and can be used on your N scale layout. just have to change out the trucks and couplers as they have the standard hook couplers and plastic wheels.

just some diff rolling stock to add that doesn't look like everything else.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
seaboardrr said:
anyone seen those graffiti N scale cars at wal-mart on the die-cast aisle? i think they were $6 or 7. they had them all on the clearance aisle tonight for $1 each. ours had 4 diff designs so we bought one of each. they're die-cast and can be used on your N scale layout. just have to change out the trucks and couplers as they have the standard hook couplers and plastic wheels.

just some diff rolling stock to add that doesn't look like everything else.
Thanks, for the pointer. Too bad they didn't make locomotives this year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, a graffiti engine would be cool but then again, would you really want to buy an engine at wal-mart? lol

found an interesting piece which to me makes sense. there's a reason these didn't sell until they dropped to $1 each imo lol. i don't approve of graffiti and i really don't like the fact that this company is glorifying graffiti artists with their own trading cards and such but to me it's just a train. the packaging, card and anything else that comes with it will go right in the trash. i wonder if they pay the licensing fees to the diff RR corps? don't want to turn this into a political/legal/moral debate or anything. i just thought the cars were something neat.
http://biglittlerr.blogspot.com/2006/12/railroad-graffiti.html

on their site it looks like they're making 12 diff variations. states these are actually 1:131. i'll have to pull out some spare trucks and see if i can't replace them to run fine. i bet this won't be too hard to do.
http://www.maisto.com/news.asp?release=10&m=2
http://www.maisto.com/products.asp?stext=&ID=172&submit=Search

these intrigued me so i did some digging. found out micro-trains put out a line back in 2002 with at least 13 cars from what i've found so far. limited runs of 500 each. will have to do some digging and see if i can't find some of these.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If they are the ones I'm thinking of, aren't they a little big for "N" scale? Did you set them near your other rolling stock? I never looked at them that closely, but I thought they were similar to the Maisto trains that WalMart had a few years ago.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they look identical to N scale but they do say they're 1:131. i have not got any of our N scale rolling stock out to do a side by side yet. even if they're a little bigger and can't be run with other cars they'd be good for sidings and rail yards as scenery i think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts