Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found 3 mystery cars today, do I open them of keep them a mystery!?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
is there any reason why anyone would not open these things?

they display terrible... even in 20 years they might go up to 2 bucks instead of the 1 that u paid...and you'll selling them next to 10 other guys that thought they were so smart to stash like 50 of these stinkers away...
..even the pink bug needs a wheel change... and isn't that the best one we've seen out of these?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Pablodragon said:
is there any reason why anyone would not open these things?

they display terrible... even in 20 years they might go up to 2 bucks instead of the 1 that u paid...and you'll selling them next to 10 other guys that thought they were so smart to stash like 50 of these stinkers away...
..even the pink bug needs a wheel change... and isn't that the best one we've seen out of these?
Couldn't agree with you more. I think the only really good ones are the Bug, C6 Corvette and Batmobile. The Chaparral is debatable. The rest, a huge P-U in my opinion.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The only one I bought had a MC12 in it. It was the one I wanted so now I don't have to buy anymore.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
CessnaDriver said:
I think the idea was that they are supposed to be a fun thing for kids.

Seems half the stores some jerk has ripped them open to peek.
I saw an open Mystery in a WM bin the other day...car stolen. Seriously though, I know they're supposed to be fun for kids. I just like realism and buy mostly the ones along those lines.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I was in the States, I found 4 unopened ones, I didn't bother buying them, they're was better diecast on the pegs for my money..

·
Registered
704 Posts
Paint the blister on all the cars you have but don't like and pretend! That way they'll be a mystery to others but not to you... :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
They are just a cheap way for hotwheels to make money. Usually they put the crap cars in the mystery. If you want to find a good one you have to buy like 20.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts